Car magazine collection - what to do?

hpaul, Jan 7, 7:49pm
I've got a collection of over 2000 car magazines, mostly UK (Car, Fast Lane, Evo, Performance Car, Autocar, Top Gear + others) a few as old as late 60's, most from late 80's to current day.
Some are first editions, many bought at $25+ each in NZ. How do I value these! $1 reserve! Price for them as one lot!

What does the trademe motoring collective think!

fiatracer, Jan 7, 7:54pm
I'd divide by title, and sell in batches - I've bought batches of good magazines [car, Fastlane] in the past, but wouldn't pay anything for the Top Gear ones

extrayda, Jan 7, 7:57pm
As above, I would break into batches of the same magazines. By year if there are lots. If you sell it all in one lot, you probably won't get much for it.
You may not get match anyway, magazines don't seem to sell too fast. (From my experience at least).

hpaul, Jan 7, 8:06pm
Not many are Top Gear, mostly Car, Evo, UK Autocar etc, all top stuff.

Even if I don't maximise the $ I'd rather sell as one lot because the new golf cart arrives soon and they're in its parking space.

edangus, Jan 7, 8:10pm
$1.00 reserve!

fiatracer, Jan 7, 8:13pm
I'd advise buyer collection only - and make it doubly clear. Shipping for boxes of magazines costs a fortune! You don't want to sell it for a dissapointing price then be stuck with the expense or major hassle of sorting for postage.