What's the popular car models?

cn40man, Jan 20, 7:06am
I just to wish to know what's the largest volume models car in NZ,I checked http://www.stats.govt.nz/ but no answer.
anyone know it! or give a link!

msigg, Jan 20, 8:36am
Toyota, corolla, camry, hilux(most sold)
Holden, comm, cruize
nissan tiida!
Mistubishi!
hyundai!
Ford falcon!
VW golf

unbeatabull, Jan 20, 8:49am
Ranger is Ford's biggest seller.

As far as manufacturers for last quarter went it was:

Toyota #1
Ford #2
Holden #3

clark20, Jan 20, 9:14am

westwyn, Jan 20, 9:27am
2012 stats for new cars in NZ:
#1- Toyota Corolla- 5,234 registered
#2- Suzuki Swift- 3,277 registered
#3- Holden Captiva- 2,506 registered
#4- Holden Commodore- 2,439 registered
#5- Toyota Yaris- 2,252 registered

(although to mix that in, add the commercial stats)
#1- Toyota Hilux- 4,182 registered
#2- Ford Ranger- 2,815 registered
#3- Nissan Navara- 2,586 registered
#4- Toyota Hiace- 2,227 registered

Don't forget, these are first registrations, and not neccessarily sold- at the close of the year, if the race is tight between manufacturers, there tends to be a raft of "demonstrators" registered in the closing days of December- hence the very good deals to be had on the 27th, 28th and 29th of December, but not on the 2nd!

Freshly registered used imports:
#1- Toyota Corolla- 8,636
#2- Mazda Axela- 3,463
#3- Mazda Demio- 3,333
#4- Subaru Legacy- 2,657
#5- Suzuki Swift- 2,620

westwyn, Jan 20, 9:30am
Overall total for manufacturers:

Passenger cars:

#1- Toyota- 14,992
#2- Holden- 7,922
#3- Ford- 7,653
#4- Hyundai- 7,127
#5- Suzuki- 5,327

stevo2, Jan 20, 5:09pm
Nice work westwyn. Where did you find these stats!

westwyn, Jan 20, 7:17pm
Not a problem- from three sources actually- the "easy" source is from a trade journal I write for, then from the NZTA themselves who provide the semi-raw data, and then, from within the industry association I'm involved in- as part of an industry service, we take the raw data monthly and collate it into useable information via a statistician we employ- for Corolla, for example, NZTA raw data may have six or seven variants listed- Corolla 1.8GX, Corolla 1.8GLX, Corolla, Corolla Wagon etc etc- this all needs to be sifted and put into the correct "general" models to make sense. New stock isn't so hard, but imports are a nightmare, since the data is at the mercy of individual TSD inspectors who enter the information into LandData as they see fit, with no overseeing. The import Corolla is a good example of this- they are entered as Corolla, Corolla Runx, Runx, Fielder, Corolla Fielder, etc etc- all, according to NZTA, different models, when in reality, they are the same Corollas, just with their names entered at random. I've been through these lists myself some months, it's a nightmare of a job, you wouldn't believe the lack of typing / naming / observation skills out there amongst certain aspects of the industry!

hpaul, Jan 20, 7:25pm
Despite 2012's supply problems due to the Thai floods it looks like that Ford Ranger really ate into Hilux sales - be interesting to see how many they shift in 2013.