Recommend me a car

kimbo24, Jan 14, 8:54am
looking to buy a car for about 10 k . plus a trade in. Want a hatchback will be getting a towbar if hasn't got one. Must be economical and cheap to fix when things go wrong. I have a 2003 Ford mondeo now don't want another. Needs to be reliable I travel about an hours drive away maybe once a week otherwise around town. Thanks for advice as don't have anyone to ask about this matter really.ex husband use to do all the wheeling and dealing

jmma, Jan 14, 8:58am
What will the towbar be used for !
Is their children to consider!
Oh and what colour (o:
'

kimbo24, Jan 14, 9:00am
towbar - carrying 3 bikes or hiring a trailor to go to dump
2 kids and a gorgeous dog
absolutely do not care about colour as long as it starts every morning

beast9, Jan 14, 9:03am
cheap reliable mazda bh to bj there are plenty of them being wrecked for second hand parts new parts arent badly priced cheap on gas and reasonably zippy for round town and highway

franc123, Jan 14, 9:05am
Not being intrusive but how big is the dog!Many smallish hatchbacks are hopeless at carrying large animals if you want to carry anything else with you.A cheap to fix modern car doesn't exist by the way, some are more expensive than others but thats all.

kimbo24, Jan 14, 9:06am
thanks for that but .I am a girl who knows nothing about cars .so you probably need to be a little more detailed whats a bh or bj. Someone recommended a Toyota .any good
Dog small , kids medium size

beast9, Jan 14, 9:07am
bh bj are models of mazda familias sorry forgot to put that part toyota's are a good car to

kimbo24, Jan 14, 9:16am
also if I find a car I want do I just rock up and ask what the deal is with a trade in - don't want to get ripped off

monaro17, Jan 14, 9:17am
Unfortunately we can't help you with that one much- just go in with a firm deal in mind and stick to your guns

franc123, Jan 14, 9:17am
BH and BJ Familias are older and cheaper than what you've got already lol, they aren't what you would call a trade up.

lugee, Jan 14, 9:19am
Must be designed for nana's, look at the size of the cluster fonts.

kimbo24, Jan 14, 9:20am
I guess I don't mind paying for a younger car as this next car has to last me at least 5-6 years. Should I be focusing on low kms or year of the car

beast9, Jan 14, 9:25am
biggest thing is if your unsure get a pre purchase inspection done

kimbo24, Jan 14, 9:28am
where do you go for those and how much do they cost usually

kimbo24, Jan 14, 9:32am
sounds a good suggestion do all car dealers do trade ins

monaro17, Jan 14, 9:35am
I haven't heard of any that do not take trade-ins so yes they all do (assuming your mondeo is not falling to pieces of course)

carstauranga001, Jan 15, 6:22am
Nice to meet you today kimbo24. (thanks jmma)

msigg, Jan 15, 7:26am
Yea corolla or mazda hatchback, go to any of the reputable dealer yards

jmma, Jan 15, 9:29am
No worries, this is how the MB should work aye (o:

framtech, Jan 15, 12:23pm
Toyota or nissin, manualnot auto,non turbo, stay away from mazda, mitz, ford, superooand old honda's, old school cars are lighter, more fuel efficent and cheaper to fix (its a matter of finding one in good condition with no rust and lower klm)

strobo, Jan 15, 5:42pm
yep yep yep.A hatch back with tow barreliable and cheap to fix !
ummm I cannot recommend anything sorry.