Hoist for waterblasting under car?

persh, Jan 31, 7:21am
Hi All,
Does anyone know of a Wash World type operation in the Auckland area that has a hoist or ramps that enables you to waterblast or steam clean the underside of a vehicle!
Any sensible suggestions welcomed!

trader_84, Jan 31, 8:16am
Forklift and a waterblaster.

thetyredepotnz, Jan 31, 8:24am
doubt there is a self service one anywhere in nz as the general public wouldn't know how to operate a hoist or even drive straight on a ramp.cars would come off with a lot more scratches than before getting washed.lol

johnf_456, Jan 31, 8:26am
Due to osh regulations there wouldn't be

persh, Jan 31, 8:44am
Surely there must be somewhere! What about commercial operations that will do the underside cleaning for you!

kazbanz, Jan 31, 8:45am
persh --serious suggestion for ya take sonme ramps and a trolly jack to a normal place -drive the car onto the ramps

pollymay, Jan 31, 8:51am
x1
We are mounting one out the back soon for exactly this reason. So I can waterblast cars prior to working on them.

sr2, Jan 31, 8:55am
Yes I've turned up to Washworld in the racecar with a trolly jack in the boot, you get some strange looks but it sure works!

persh, Jan 31, 9:10am
I did it with a trolley jack and stands last night - took 90 mins to clean the underside after off-roading at Tongariro on Tuesday - I just thought there MUST be an easier way! It may be dry out there but there are still a few mud bogs around, and in this weather, it dries like concrete!

daryl14, Jan 31, 9:13pm
I've heard of them just chucking the garden sprinkler under the truck and then going for a beer.

intrade, Jan 31, 9:28pm
yea its a shame but yea with to mutch nitwit citicens it probably would not work. I recall when i was young there was a garage in europe 25km from my house where you could lift your car and blast under it the thing would lift for money and then after some time it would only let you down when the time money exired also no working on cars was allowed just cleaning. As cars have to be ultra clean for its wof and not 1 drop of oil anywhere during wof test there to get your 2 year wof cv joint clicking and split boots where also a wof fail as every other thing and 3 things found wrong any your out of the wof place and get told to bring your car back when its up towof standards. for another full wof fee again and new booking time.