Not motoring but you guys may know?

shuddupowh, Jan 30, 1:26am
I have a Dryer, which stopped working. I opened it up and the belt has snapped (as I suspected). Now my question is, does anybody know where I could buy a new belt from! Would a repair shop sell them! Im not willing to pay someone to fix it as Im pretty sure its only the belt. I got it dead cheap so Im willing to spend a bit on the belt to find out if its the only problem. Any suggestions! TIA.

phard, Jan 30, 1:39am

shuddupowh, Jan 30, 1:56am
Cheers I'll look into that. Any other suggestions from others, please add. Cheers

gmphil, Jan 30, 1:59am
Just an a belt is it not! Supercheap or pykelsblackwoods would be nxt best idea

thejazzpianoma, Jan 30, 2:31am
Thins move a bit slowly in motoring, so do check on this thread again tomorrow. Probably get one closer to you but in Tauranga there is a place called Chaps which I would expect would do one and may courier it to you. Otherwise have a google and check on here as well as there are a few appliance fixit guys on here.

quickstitch, Jan 30, 2:36am
Seaco, but my question is what the hell do you need a dryer for at this time of year.

quickstitch, Jan 30, 2:36am
Saeco.

saxman99, Jan 30, 3:02am
I got a belt for my drier from an ordinary appliance repair business.They were quite happy to supply parts only.

elect70, Jan 30, 3:12am
Most appliance shops will have 1 esp if its F&P& not 20 years oldif not then engineeringsupplies& take along old belt

daryl14, Jan 30, 6:40am
Forgot the name but theres an appliance guy in Nawton who works out of his garage. He's awesome.

edangus, Jan 30, 7:42am
You can Simpson/Hoover Parts direct (Was inMt Wellington/Otahuhu)
You can F&P Parts Direct (East Tamaki)

shuddupowh, Jan 31, 2:05pm
Cheers guys. Will go thru the suggestions and see what I get. I thought repair shops would supply parts so I'll see what I can get. And auto shops, I didnt think of that! I biffed the old belt but I'll dig out of the bin incase and biff it after I replace it. Unfortunately its not F&P, its Conia (f--k knows what brand that is) I searched TM but only one came up.! I dont need to use it. I buy damaged/old whiteware and strip for parts & scrap but this seemed to good to strip (and it runs) but didnt spin so I opened it and the belt was snapped. So if it spins after the belt is replaced then I can make more than scrap value off it! Cheers again guys.

supernova2, Jan 31, 9:37pm
Conia is an aussie outfit. http://www.conia.com.au/about.html

May explain why drier had been "retired" rather than repaired.