Cheap Mustang on trademe

bjmh, Jan 30, 2:34am
got this so called message from TM advising me of1965 Mustang for $14,000 in the sth is.i seem to remember a scam like this,anyone know what i'm babbling about !

tgray, Jan 30, 2:39am
Only cheap if in good nic.
If unrestored and a rusting relic, $14k is expensive.

hpaul, Jan 30, 3:38am
Seller has been a member for 7 years, has very good feedback.

Car needs work and vinning.

There's another (same model) for sale on here @ $16k.

Not a scam.

bmwnz, Jan 30, 3:49am
There's a black one parked by the asparagus farm between Foxton & Levin for $14k. That's almost top dollar.

franc123, Jan 30, 11:52am
I don't know why it would be a scam, its all the bloody things are REALLY worth for below to average ones. You have to have a giggle at the dozens of them listed for month after month on here for 30k plus with no interest.even good examples of bog standard bone basic 289 notchbacks can still be imported far cheaper than what the oversupplied local market speculators/dreamers want.

kcf, Jan 30, 7:15pm
define "message from trademe"!

murray55, Jan 31, 12:35am
Not just Mustangs .lots of older USA so called "classic" advertised for huge amounts .I know it is only my opinion and car owners have different tastes, but WHAT on earth do people see in some of them. Build quality is abysmal, very thirsty on gas, poor performance for capacity, rotten handling, glitzy cheap interiors, I could go on . Some older American muscle certainly worth big money for their heritage and brutal performance, but some tired old rusty Mustang .come on ! And as for those hideous beyond description sedans .

guest, Jan 31, 1:13am
Hi all

I think OP is talking about a dodgy email for a 'deal of the day'. The email linked to a fake website that mimicked a Trade Me listing for a 1965 Ford Mustang for $14k. The scammer asked buyers to contact them directly by email, then no doubt asked them to send a payment overseas using the untraceable Western Union payment system.

We took down that fake website in 32 minutes, so the quicker we know about it the faster we can stop the scam. If you get any dodgy emails remember to forward them to us at abuse@trademe.co.nz

tgray, Jan 31, 1:17am
And you get a six cylinder model.

bjmh, Jan 31, 1:22am
yep that was it.thanks T.M

diddi1, Jan 31, 2:37am
I think the reasonable pricing involves the plastic cover over the cowel vent in front of the windscreen. This usually means it is rusted out under there and rain water will collect on the floor, eventually rusting that out. It is a major to fix.

bmwnz, Jan 31, 2:48am
Then you'd have to drive it from Invercargill to Te Kuiti. There's a lot of corners and hills between those points. You'd arrive absolutely shattered.

edangus, Jan 31, 2:51am
Gold Stars for everybody involved!

tgray, Jan 31, 3:45am
Still a 6 cylinder though. If your buying an American muscle car, surely a V8 is the only way to go.

nightboss, Jan 31, 9:01am
Correct on the V8 point, which is why the 6cyl fastback is still listed, I was comparing apples with apples.

Now if someone wanted to make a '66 Shelby GT350H replica they would be hard pressed to find a nicer donor.

Though who knows in another couple of decades 6cyl Mustangs may be rarest of the lot.

tgray, Jan 31, 6:43pm
Regarding older mustangs, that is already the case.
They are rare because no body wants them. Simply being rare in itself, will not make them desirable.

bellky, Jan 31, 7:57pm
Good information there thanks.

bjmh, Jan 31, 8:46pm
Theres a guy down here has a supposedly 1965 350R .rare as rocking horse crap,i've seen it in his shed.it looks the deal ,but i don't know the history of it.