Electric Mustang

Page 1 / 3
serf407, Jul 24, 6:30pm
Tire smokin RTR Mach-E with Ken Block & Vaughan Gittin Jr https://youtu.be/4-7jBLqSlzg

apollo11, Jul 24, 6:48pm
But the refinery and distribution systems have fixed costs that need to be spread over each litre sold. Plus our happy slappy government will still need to keep the tax revenue rolling in, so expect tax per litre to increase as well. But I also expect fossil fuels will be dominant in NZ for the next couple of decades **assuming** that government don't try to tax everyone into owning ev's.

alowishes, Jul 24, 7:20pm
Still won’t get you from Kaikoura to Invercargill in one non stop trip (toilet stop included)

gunhand, Jul 24, 11:42pm
Just goes to show smart people dont get EVs at the mo, Maybe in the future they will do 1000kms on a charge. Who remembers the first battery drills etc, now look at them.

mk3crazy, Jul 26, 7:24pm
I don’t mind so much that it’s electric but this just looks like any other regular car, could be mistaken for any other Japanese car.

bill1451, Jul 26, 10:19pm
who wtf wants to go non stop Kaikoura to Invercargill anyway, Aucklanders moving to Invers so they can get cheap power when Tiwai closes.

serf407, Jul 26, 11:59pm
Charge rate and battery design are the keys. If a 400 kilometre range battery for an SUV can be charged in 5 minutes (this can be done with the tech coming to market in the next two years) why would you pay for a more expensive, 2 X heavier, slower charging 1000 kilometre range battery (unless you were a tradie running tools or running a house in an outage etc).
300 amps on a taycan recharge (Kona 64 kwh battery would take 16 mins if it could charge at this porsche taycan rate (0-100% 0-400km )
https://youtu.be/AZ693XiST4c

gunhand, Jul 27, 5:50pm
Whats the cost of that thing though? As a rule we are talking main stream cars that Joe public can afford. A Bugatti Veyron can do 400kphish but not likely to see too many running around NZ. And distance and time between charges is always the big moan so when they (mainstream) can do the same as ICE on a charge I think there will a lot of sales then. But for your run around town machine I think current ones are fine.

budgel, Nov 19, 3:31pm

mrfxit, Nov 19, 3:40pm
Tho, the HP figures are nice but at what cost to battery charge if used at that rate

mimik3, Nov 19, 3:40pm
I think it's okay. It was the easiest platform to develop their first electric vehicle. Wait and see what the reviewers think.

slarty45, Nov 19, 4:30pm
Would prefer an electric Edsel Villager, plenty room on roof for solar panels

muzz67, Nov 19, 5:14pm
Dont like the use of the 'Mustang' tag,, not even similar.
Just call it a Mach E.
Looks ok-ish, should be a good vehicle but def not a mustang.

tamarillo, Nov 19, 6:21pm
Oh god they’re using mustang as a brand rather than a model like mini does now.
Dilutes the name imo but no doubt it will sale.

smallwoods, Nov 19, 8:43pm
Would be Must E, wouldn't it?

mcfc11, Nov 19, 9:52pm
And imagine what the Shelby will be worth in 25 years.-The power of Shelby!

nice_lady, Nov 19, 10:49pm
Who wants a quiet Mustang ?
Pass.

sifty, Nov 20, 9:09am
I'd happily have one of each. Weekend tyre shredder to make Greta cry and lectric commuter to cheer her up.

harm_less, Nov 20, 9:33am
Noisey cars are for wanna bees. Look at me, look at me LOL

mcfc11, Nov 20, 10:41am
Gas? I thought they ran on petrol. Which will still be the major source of fuel in 25 years.

mcfc11, Nov 20, 12:37pm
Yup about 10c a litre. Can't wait. I love the thought of people buying EV
's

harm_less, Nov 20, 12:50pm
Your prediction makes little sense. An equivalent would be the availability and price of getting a roll of camera film processed now. Redundant technologies don't actually fall in price due to lack of demand.

mcfc11, Nov 20, 12:52pm
They do if there is a glut! And it is not technology it is a commodity

harm_less, Nov 20, 1:34pm
Fossil fuelled vehicles will be the redundant technology and as the demand for fuel for them falls the economies of producing and transporting it will fail and price will rise as availability declines. Also the governments' subsidisation of the fossil fuel industry will decline significantly as EVs become the norm in line with environmental supporting strategies.

mcfc11, Nov 20, 1:49pm
Oh really! And what happens when they run out of cobalt?