Would a small dent in car affect WOF?

yenchen, Feb 11, 3:43am
It's above the front right tyre, about 30cm in diameter and maybe 20cm wide! Everything else is fine. How much would it cost to get the dent fixed!

bellky, Feb 11, 3:47am
x1
Yes small dents can be extremely dangerous and expensive to fix. I'm sorry to have to tell you but the car is probably a write-off ;)

bellky, Feb 11, 3:50am
Or., a small dent is no concern for warrant (unless it's a van maybe), and some dents can be fixed very cheaply with a heatgun and freeze spray :)

mrfxit, Feb 11, 3:57am
No NO & hardly likly

Anything from $50 to $1500 including paint

grangies, Feb 11, 4:30am
As long as the dent has not pushed the sheetmetal downward around the wheel arch, to cause the tyre to possibly hit it, or snapped the plastic inner guard liner and it's flopping around, then don't worry about it.

yenchen, Feb 11, 4:37am
Ok, don't know much about cars here sorry, what's the plastic inner guard liner! Everything's still intact when I looked, will have to check again to see if the dent is pushed downward

kazbanz, Feb 11, 5:44am
yenchen-Being serious PLEASE just post up a picture of the dent.
Given the location you are quoting its very unlikely to be an issue and frankly you could probably pop it out from inside with your hand.-BUT a pic will answer once and for all

dave653, Feb 11, 6:21am
A little known fact, any crash/knock/fender bender voids the wof. Who knows what has been dislodged/put out of action through the impact. I read this years ago at VTNZ.

mugenb20b, Feb 11, 6:22am
A fact! Sounds more like a myth.

a.woodrow, Feb 11, 7:39am
Lol no it doesn't

mark.52, Feb 11, 8:14am
30cm X 20cm is hardly a small dent.

lugee, Feb 11, 9:09am
Post a pic.

I guess it could be small if it was like on an old car of mine. Someone must have kicked it at one point, and a 20 ish centimetre portion of the fender had popped in. Never bothered fixing it since the paint was still perfect and popping it would run the risk of doing it in. Could only tell it was there because the reflection was off.

intrade, Feb 11, 9:21am
depends on where it is you should have seen my old 85 carina i had it was so dented you would think it was in the crusher lol. but it had all non structurual dents. structural dents causing a part that is stuctural to be deformed beyond its original shape is a fail quite often dents under the car can make a car not pass a wof when a structural part gets bashed .

40wav, Feb 12, 5:18am
So if it passes the WOF with the dent there, then it will not be void. Your theory suggests only a dent made during the period of a current WOF will be of effect.
Should be no problem for the OP then (assuming it does not fail due to the dent).