Central locking device(key)

loadmaster2, Mar 5, 10:52pm
Brought a 92 toyota caldina awhile back and the guy I bri=ought it off gave me a broken central locking key which is of course broken.
Have taken it to toyota with the rego and serial numbers to see if I can get it fixed, fingers crossed.
How much are they and if I cant get it fixed how much is a new one or what can I do next!

kazbanz, Mar 5, 11:59pm
Dude Im full of the bott but even so that really doesn't make a lot of sense.
Personally with a car that old I'd get a basic immobiliser fitted which will give you push button central locking-probably same price as the toyota part

loadmaster2, Mar 6, 12:26am
Get well soon man and thanks for the advice.and yeah, I know its an old car.but it does go well

dunedin_moto, Mar 6, 12:42am
Soooo.is the key broken! Or the door lock! Or!
I dont really understand the question.:)

loadmaster2, Mar 6, 2:06am
The key and the lock are fine. Its a push button locking system I have a queiry with, you know, you push the button and it locks the whole car thing, then you put it in your pocket

dunedin_moto, Mar 6, 2:11am
Oh, so the central locking remote.

marblicious, Mar 6, 2:15am
First thing to check would be the battery inside the key.

loadmaster2, Mar 6, 2:28am
Ahhh, nobody even mentioned that, duh. Will check it it!

kazbanz, Mar 6, 3:19am
you did say BROKEN twice. Broken usually means broken.

marblicious, Mar 6, 3:37am
Yes broken means broken. If something is not in working order then it can be refered to as being broken. I had the same conversation with my vet the other day when he said my cat didn't have a broken paw. It had just ripped all of its tendons.

loadmaster2, Mar 6, 3:37am
True and It is, not just flat

bigfatmat1, Mar 6, 4:20am
Repco sell keyless entry kits for around forty bucks you can wire them in in ten mins drivers side kick panel has everything you need

scuba, Mar 6, 10:24am
maybe it needs to be re programmed.