Any Sikh motorcyclists in TMMB motoring?

flitt, Mar 2, 12:00am
How do you 'prove' you are a Sikh!

charlie4561, Mar 2, 12:17am
You can apply for an exemption to wearing a motorcycle helmet for religious reasons. See the NZTA website for details.

gunhand, Mar 2, 12:18am
You can! what a crock. Why a law for some and not others!

attitudedesignz, Mar 2, 12:21am
Have you seen how much hair a Sikh has, and how much material they use to wrap said hair in! Probably safer than some of the cheap crap helmets are that alot of people buy off TM.

gunhand, Mar 2, 12:24am
Hmmmmmm, maybe LOL. Still.

flitt, Mar 2, 12:24am
You do not need apply for an exemption. You are automatically exempt.

rob_man, Mar 2, 12:32am
Show the nice policeman your ceremonial dagger.

charlie4561, Mar 2, 12:39am
You are automatically exempt, but only if you do not exceed 50km/h. If you intend to go faster then you need an exemption. See clause 8 and 9 in the link below: http://www.legislation.govt.nz/regulation/public/2004/0427/latest/DLM303630.html

flitt, Mar 2, 12:47am
Mate. Everything you say is wrong. A Sikh on a motorcycle cannot exceed 50kph. There is no exemption available if you want to do so. If a Sikh wants to exceed 50, they need to cut their hair off and buy a helmet.

sw20, Mar 2, 12:57am
If you are stupid enough to follow religion then you are stupid enough not to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle.

flitt, Mar 2, 4:04am
I agree with that!

I guess the answer to my question must be 'if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck'. We need more Sikhs in motoring.

luvmykicks, Mar 3, 6:41am
I concur

ralphdog1, Mar 3, 8:10am
Darwin was right.

doctor_evil99, Mar 3, 9:19am
Would that be as aerodynamic as a helmet!

purple666, Mar 3, 10:32am
Hmmm this needs further investigation, was great when helmet exemptions were a go, for getting around town that is.

elect70, Mar 3, 9:07pm
Can muslimsget thesame exemption from wearing helmetsbywrapping a tea towel around their head !