Turners Car Auctions

intrade, Jul 17, 10:05pm
you never buy a car unseen especially not from turners

tony9, Jul 17, 11:35pm
I have bought 3, sight unseen. No problems, got good deals.

intrade, Jul 18, 12:32am
i looked at a vehicle locally few weeks ago looks mint on pitures . bonnet would not even open. once bonnet was open i looked in there and said you can close the bonnet i dont even need to take it for a test drive thank you. i was thinking what a fecking wrack i would not even pay 1000$ for that it was 2005 4x4 and it must have been driven on the beach every day or something and never washed they wanted 12 grand lol was a trade in dealer tells me . yea well i am no longer interested sorry thank you and left.

pf, Jul 18, 8:17am
never say never . there are circumstances when buying unseen is a good idea .

budgel, Jul 18, 10:52am
Unless you buy from a Turners Trademe auction you will have to pay a premium over your winning bid price.

ryanm2, Jul 18, 7:49pm
I have 6 sight unseen in my time so far. 5 have been good and 1 not so good. (only had to spend $200 on it to make it right though)

max.headroom, Jul 18, 8:14pm
How lucky do you feel

mack77, Jul 19, 6:43am
In my opinion it's only a good idea if you like surprises; which may be either good ones or bad ones.

buyit59, Jul 19, 7:14am
To Budgel. Even if you buy on TradeMe the buyers fee still applies but it is not shown ( the vendor just gets less ) .

westwyn, Jul 20, 8:15am
Turners are no longer "Car Auctions" as they've moved to become a standard car retailer, dropping much of their auction business in favour of the "buy Now" model which is no different from buying from a traditional dealer- the price is much the same PLUS you get hit with hefty sale fees too. They changed their name to "Turners Limited" and dropped all reference to "auction" after being bought by Dorchester Finance last year- now the focus is on selling vehicles retail and financing the buyers into them.

blondinie, Jan 17, 4:13pm
watch their fees