Car transporting Sth to Nth islands.

rosiejoy, Mar 18, 9:20am
Hi all, any suggestions on good companies that can transport a car from Otago to BoP? I've looked at a few online quotes, and they all appear pretty similar (around 1400). Anyone got any recommendations or warnings? Thanks.

unclejake, Mar 18, 9:28am
I've used Jeff's Transport - CHCH to Wellington before and they were fine

slacker8, Mar 18, 5:47pm
I used toll and the car turned up damaged, with a flat tyre and late. Also it was dropped off by a another car transporter company, not a happy customer, so I can't recommend toll. But that's just my experience.

rosiejoy, Mar 18, 6:28pm
I have heard a few good things about Jeffs. I'll give them a call today. Cheers for the replies!

twink19, Mar 18, 7:05pm
drive it up, cost me $600 including flight ,fuel & ferry Christchurch to Auckland

bitsy_boffin, Mar 18, 8:57pm
Captain transporter, it may well arrive on a Jeff's truck anyway, but cheaper than you'd get it.

www.captaintransporter.co.nz

seadubya, Mar 18, 9:05pm
What about sea freight, Dunedin to Tauranga?

poppajn, Mar 19, 3:09am
Daughter just had a car delivered today by Car Distribution, arrived in Oamaru with rear bumper caved in, left Christchurch this morning all good, (photo's to prove it), driver's unsure what happened

neville48, Mar 19, 8:22am
What car, where from to where, is it currently wof, rego ,insured.

gsimpson, Mar 19, 8:25am
Delivering to Oamaru, you are lucky that is all that is damaged.
https://twitter.com/nzherald/status/463899710508367872

rosiejoy, Mar 19, 8:35am
Yikes! If I didn't hate flying so much I'd go get it myself. Car is a reg'd warranted insured Fiat x19. So yeah, part of me is worried that a 36yo car will have a tough making it up the country, but it also could be an absolutely epic drive. Car is in Cromwell, I'm in The Mount.

bobwyn, Mar 20, 7:15am
just bought a car down from Auckland to Christchurch on rail Toll Auto Express $806 .

pf, Mar 20, 9:50pm
just had a car delivered to Auckland from Dunedin $840 with Car Distribution Group . took 2 weeks so a bit slower than Jeffs who took a week from Timaru to Auckland with a similar car, no engine and cost $1700 (approx $1250 if it was driveable) .

geedubu, Mar 21, 3:38am
That would be a lovely drive at this time of the year, especially in a Fiat X19. Either suck it up and fly, or use rail & bus to get to Cromwell, or get your vendor to drop it off somewhere nearer. I would recommend take some drugs, fly down to Queenstown (lots of cheap fares) and have a great time cruising back.

tuttyclan, Mar 21, 3:38am
I recently picked up my newly purchased car from Christchurch in under 20 hours .Got on a 4.00pm plane from Auckland to Christchurch,got picked up from the airport by the dealer around 530pm,looked at the car then bought it, got some dinner,left Christchurch around 730pm,drove to Picton by around 1230pm where I stayed overnight,then I was on the 10.30am ferry to Wellington and apart from a couple of stops I got back to Auckland by midnight.Excellent drive and would happily do it all again!Cost nearly $300 for flight (One hours notice),$150 fuel,Ferry $200 and accommodation was over budget (I had to find a place to stay at midnight as I hadn't booked so paid about $150.Could have been done a little cheaper with more planning but was a snap decision lol.

sw20, Apr 21, 4:12am
Christchurch to Auckland is one of the cheapest flights in the country.

Otago to Bay of Plenty would be moonbeams.