What car did you dream of wanting as a kid

ema1, Oct 6, 1:38am
Inspector Maigret's Citroen Traction Avant Pallas 1952-4 model. Might have been a 6 cylinder one possibly? George Simenon's Maigret French police detective TV series years ago.
Like this clip of the cars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF6aV84BOPY

richardmayes, Oct 6, 3:45am
Ferrari F40.

Haven't quite got there yet.

lookoutas, Oct 7, 7:44am
I wanted the bloody red sports car that my grandmother gave me when I was only a little tot.
I can remember getting it, but don't know WTF happened to it. Sort've recollect that my mother put it away safely until I was big enough.
Never saw it again, so I recon my big arsed brother must have got hold of it, and he woulda wrecked it like everything else he got hold of before I had a turn! Only this time it was probably no bloody use me even trying to have my turn, and I would've spat the dummy had I seen what he'd done.

You'd think I'd forget about it over 60 years later - but no wuckin fay! He still gets reminded about my theory.

So that answers the heading.
What did I want as a bigger kid?
After going to Puke as a 16 year old, and seeing Paul Fahey & Rod Coppins scorching around in their Mustang's, I wanted one. 13 years later, I finally got one. Then in 2007 I went down memory lane and bought another one the same as the first one.

next-to-normal, Oct 18, 4:18am
those james bond cars

tamarillo, Oct 18, 4:27am
E-type or Renault Alpine - still got a thing for rear engined cars.

geedubu, Oct 18, 5:07am
A Lister Jaguar. I watched Archie Scott Brown in his visit to NZ in I think 1958 as a 13 yr old and I thought it was the greatest car I have ever seen and I still think so. MWP303.

bwg11, Oct 18, 6:29am
Snap. I was there too, watched him win the Lady Wigraqm Trophy. Even got some pics of his victory lap. Coincidentally, I was 13 too.

bwg11, Oct 18, 8:00am
I had (and still have somewhere) the 1956 Observers Book of Cars, it was love at first sight - the 1956 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta. At 25, I lusted after a Falcon GT, now at 70, think I will buy one of the last HSV Commodores. How our dreams fade.

terry77.ta, Oct 18, 8:38am
Black 77 Trans Am, saw Smokey & the Bandit as a 8 year old kid & never stoped dreaming of owning & cruising in 1, finally for last years Americarna i made my dreams come true, brought a body 8 years ago & slowly built my dream car to reality. what started as a plain jane Pontiac Firebird Espirit is now a Black Bandit clone that makes me smile a mile wide every time i jump in her, or even look at her! (my mrs refers to her as that black bitch, jealousy can be ugly)

marte, Jan 26, 4:21pm
MK 4 Cortina.
'72 superbee (or) Roadrunner, can't remember which it was.
It was yellow and for sale beside the Pawnshop in Tuam st Chch, about 1987 or 88 for $10,000.
Oh I wish.