Most under reported motoring event.

bjmh, Dec 18, 6:26pm
Tucked way back in this mornings Herald. Scott Dixon has won his 4th Indy title. what an achievement for a piss-ant N.Z'r to do this in the U.S of A.

rob_man, Dec 18, 6:33pm
You must know by now that real men follow drugby and even go around dressed up like the players in their favourite franchise.
The motor sport equivalent is AVESCO.

tamarillo, Dec 18, 7:25pm
But it's old news is t it. He was series winner some weeks ago now.

bjmh, Dec 18, 7:43pm
err that's not what this says. THE CHAMPION: Scott Dixon took advantage of what turned out to be a monumental mistake by Juan Pablo Montoya, winning Sunday??

kazbanz, Dec 18, 7:49pm
bjmh honestly bro that's really old news. weeks old at least the race was sept 18

elect70, Dec 19, 12:28am
Lucky to get any mention in the media , although it was over a month ago . No mention of Earl Bamber & Brendon Hartley winning Le mans . BUt see they are bringing those Porsches & the boys for laps of HD at the Jan Festival of motor racing .

bjmh, Dec 19, 1:28am
ok sorry . i'll go and give myself a severe lashing

purple666, Dec 19, 2:55am
That was dead weird, with all the history of Le mans you would have thought even our ball obsessed media might have made a bit of a fuss over that.

socram, Dec 19, 3:02am
The piece about Scott was one of the '2015 highlights', not news.

Total agree about the lack of coverage and the fact that only Scotty has been named for the Halberg awards says a lot. Brendon being a WORLD Champion surely deserves better.

Apparently Scotty is doing the Leadfoot in the 1903 Darracq! Anne Thompson is the brave pilot of that machine - which only has brakes on two wheels I believe, so Scotty is going have a real ball.

fordcrzy, Dec 19, 4:18am
for scott to even still be in that team is a major achievment. chip ganassi racing was well known for chopping drivers after a season or two for even getting "good" not great results. for scott to still be there is a miracle. of course at the halberg awards he will be ignored just like all our other motorsport acheivers

whqqsh, Dec 19, 5:55pm
how often do we see Bruce Anstey mentioned in NZ media, even after winning 10 IOM titles & this year the super bike class

lookoutas, Dec 19, 7:11pm
You shouldn't leave papers lying around in the shit-ouse.

lookoutas, Dec 19, 7:14pm
Papers are still delivered by horse where he lives.

timbo69, Dec 19, 7:21pm
Who actually cares? I didnt know the guy and had ever heard of the racing class until it ended up in our media because a kiwi was winning. If they had a race here I might care. actually, probably not

newtec1, Dec 20, 2:17am
Who cares what you think.The point is he races in one of the biggest events on the world stage and succeeding.The fact you have never heard of him would tell me you don't get out much and live a very sheltered life.

socram, Dec 20, 2:26am
I sometimes wonder why some people ever come into a motoring messageboard when quite clearly, unless they are asking a question, they have zero interest in motors or motorsport, particularly given the thread title.

lookoutas, Dec 20, 2:43am
Must have finished up in here by mistake from Gardening.

elect70, Dec 20, 3:24am
Perhaps if he had been racing those plastic shilouette aussie V8s & was at puke he would have got a write up Media dont bother look far

whqqsh, May 24, 11:37am
Yet a girl jumps over a stick using another stick & it gets on national news (not trying to downplay a pole-vaulting junior record BUT it does highlight extreme bias in sports media. oh & it helps she's by no means ugly I suppose)