Rattling sound from inside of car? Help

zero77, Nov 30, 8:46am
Any help much appreciated. Toyota Caldina 1997, I am hearing this loud rattling sound while idling and also it does it when foot slightly on accelerator, sounds like it is coming from left hand side at front. Just had oil change and new cabin and air filters, warrant 3 weeks ago. Any ideas would be great and do you think it's serious, as in should I not be driving? Many thanks - hopeless female :) And I am due for new rear brake pads, if relevant. Cheers

snoopy221, Nov 30, 8:48am
Have to ask when was the cam belt done.

snoopy221, Nov 30, 8:50am
Just had oil change and new cabin and air filters,
could even be air filter casing clips left loose.

zero77, Nov 30, 8:53am
Thanks snoopy221, It was making the noise before oil change etc, but of course never did it while they were in the car! Haven't had any cam belt replacement since owning the car! Is this an expensive repair?

extrayda, Nov 30, 8:53am
do you mean the noise is INSIDE the car left hand front, as in behind the dashboard? Don't know caldinas, but in my Estima that is exactly where the cabin filter is. Could just be a coincidence but IF it is an inside noise that's where I would be looking. If so, just drop back into the place that did the work and ask them, only takes a few minutes to yank the glovebox out and check the filter is seated right and everything back in place. Another possibility - sounds silly but true - do you have anything in the glovebox or doors that is rattling. I had a tape measure in my passenger door, and it made quite an odd sound at some points in the rev range. Took me a while to figure out.

snoopy221, Nov 30, 9:00am
Can recommend neal stewart autos (google them) down your way

seadubya, Nov 30, 9:03am
If you are going to take people for a boot ride, you must remember to let them back out again.

kazbanz, Aug 16, 5:29pm
First thing to establish is if the noise is INSIDE the cabin or in the engine bay.