Best car finance deal at the moment ?

lucandchar, Feb 14, 10:12am
as above im a bit new to car finance Cheers Looking at roughly 20K

aoc1, Feb 14, 10:13am
Just got mine with Marac quick and easy.

tintop, Feb 14, 10:17am
hehe- got my first car with Marac, over 50 years ago!.

But if you can get a personal loan from your bank, or extend a mortgage it can be better.

aoc1, Feb 14, 10:22am
I have found I get terrible service from the bank so don't use them if I can help it.

tintop, Feb 14, 10:30am
Change banks :)

jojo76, Feb 14, 11:19pm
AA have a good interest rate - Marac is who the loan goes through.

tamarillo, Feb 15, 12:25am
Do you have a home loan and can you get 20 more on it? If so that is lowest interest ever, just keep it seperate from rest of Leon and ask them what payment you need to make to pay it off in say 3 years or whatever.

If not, hunt around. If you have no collateral and no deposit you'll pay a lot more. Using dealer finance can be as good as any.

tamarillo, Feb 15, 12:41am
What car you after? If your open and do mostly City fiat are doing no interest 1/3,1/3,1/3 deals on punto new in your price range.

cammey, Feb 15, 12:59am
Nissan have 1% across the range with no deposit. That's better than taking your own money out of the bank.

tigertim20, Feb 15, 1:11am
I went through my bank very recently (anz) as have a mortgage with them as well.

They went out of their way to beat every other interest rate they could find.

ceebee2, Feb 15, 7:57am
GE money were 11.99% recently which were cheaper than most,

xs1100, Feb 15, 8:07am
don't extend yr mortgage for crying out loud by the time you pay for it,you have forgotten which car it was for,putting it on yr mortgage is the most expensive loan you ll ever get $20,000 car 30 yrs to pay off at 6% hahaha what a rip.
get a fixed 3 yr loan from yr bank separate to your mortgage

grangies, Feb 15, 8:24am
Indeed.

grangies, Feb 15, 8:26am
And still massively expensive.

kazbanz, Feb 15, 8:43am
No they weren't ! sorry but every single customer who I dealt with recently said they jumped through a heap of bullshit hoops to be told YES you have finance but so sorry you don't fiit the criteria for 11.95%-You are a 16% customer.
Basicly the 11.95 people are home owners with decent incomes etc who would most likely be best served taking a second mortgage over 4 years at single digit interest rates.
To give you an idea -UDC and marac have an instant approve for that sort of customer . and usually maximum 2 hours approval for slightly less gold brick types. GE take a WEEK. We are talking to give a FULL approval.

kazbanz, Jun 16, 4:03pm
I 100% agree with what you are saying BUT as a reply to the posts above I don't agree. As a separate ie second mortgage over 3 or 4 years then Its the cheapest source of money.
I recommend the OP contact marac or Udc direct if they want to get the ball rolling but you will likely find you can get the best rate via your car dealer.