Re-line clutch disc vs. new one

morrisman1, Jan 19, 6:55am
Ive got a clutch disc that was stripped of its lining, Just wondering whether I would be best to get it re-lined with a suitable material (its used in competition) or replace with a new one.

I also have a clutch that got residue of gearbox oil on it but is otherwise mint (was only in for about 10,000km in the daily driver). Is there anything I could do to clean it up? It wasn't soaked in oil, just got some on it from along the input shaft when the input shaft seal leaked.

Im not keen on spending much money as its just a spare in case the current one dies during a critical competition, just need to have something that would work should I have to install it in a hurry.

mrfxit, Jan 19, 7:16am
Oxy/acet torch used discreetly till it stops smoking oil

sr2, Jan 19, 7:44am
In my experience when racing you need to carry new consumable parts, (brake, clutch, etc.) in your spares kit. look at it as an investment in the future, you'll always end up using them in the car.

Are you sure the time hasn't come to invest in investment in an aftermarket clutch or at least clutch plate)?

morrisman1, Jan 19, 8:00am
Its just clubsport car, so nothing highly strung or fancy hence why I still run a standard clutch which seems to be holding up OK. If I was to upgrade I think it would be to a better clutch centre of a grippier compound. Theres a ceramic-puk clutch in the race car but I don't want one in this car because getting softer launches is important especially when on grass.

New would be ideal, just working out how effective any cheaper options would be

poppy62, Aug 2, 10:05am
Autoclutch Kingsland (Ak) (Neil) does clutches at a real sharp price.