What sort of car

Page 2 / 2
twinklestar2, Apr 11, 7:06pm
I went for a look in some car yards the other day. I saw this really neat as car. No I have not got it as I was looking at cosmetically, and not practically. It was a nissan tiida, 2005. It was black with tinted windows and had really cool as mags. I have never really cared if a car had mags or not before. I got caught up in the look of it and not the reality of it. I am sure that I have seen later models for the same price. Also mags are a very expensive thing to replace, so I have been told. But, I do know now somethings I do like. One is I like auto's. I like swifts, and fiesta's and tiida's. Colour is not of importance, how it goes is.
I went and saw my mechanic after looking at some cars. he told me that if I take it for a test drive, bring it down to him and he will look at it. If they object to it, he told me to walk out of the caryard and not to go back, as there would be something wrong with the car. I have had the same mechanic for 10 years or so.

twinklestar2, Apr 11, 8:32pm
Thats why I stay with the same mechanic, he is 1 of the good guys. I thought it was nice he said he would look at the car for free for me as well.

twinklestar2, May 1, 7:37am
I got meself a nissan 07 tiida latio. Love it. Thanks for the opinions.

jmma, May 1, 7:39am
Congrats and enjoy your new car (o:

thejazzpianoma, May 1, 7:44am
Not meaning to rain on your parade. But if it's fitted with the CVT transmission. I would strongly advise that once you have had the car long enough for it not to be the dealers problem with regard to the CGA, get a warranty that covers the transmission. Otherwise put aside what you would spend on the warranty as your own "warranty fund".

If you do get stuck and end up having to cover the cost of a transmission repair yourself, see if you can hunt me down and I will be happy to guide to as to how to get it repaired as cost effectively as possible.

Again not meaning to rain on your parade, but if it was me in your shoes I would definitely want to be told, given what you have bought.

Enjoy your new wheels!

mugenb20b, May 1, 8:19am
The CVT type transmission should be OK if it is serviced.

jmma, May 1, 8:41am
You did rain on their parade, let them have a honeymoon period first aye.

thejazzpianoma, May 1, 9:20am
Nope.
But you should still service it of course.

thejazzpianoma, May 1, 9:21am
And we would contact them again later how?

kazbanz, May 1, 8:35pm
I like your mechanic. Based on your later post you bought a Latio.
Please don't forget that the strongly recommended service interval for the transmission is 60000km. (Nissan NZ/japan)

twinklestar2, May 8, 4:38am
Yes I am going to get it serviced in about another 5000kms, from memory. I have written it down someplace. I took it in for a warrant check to make sure that it is running ok and it is.

twinklestar2, May 8, 4:38am
Funnily I have not seen another latio as yet, am waiting.

fordcrzy, May 8, 8:01am
THIS! MY MUM HAD A 2006 FIESTA and she lived 20 k outta town. by FAR it was the best handling car of the small cars and is the most comfortable on the open road than the orher puddle jumper jap cars. i suggest changing the tires to 195/55/15 from 195/50/15 for even more comfort and pothole defence

twinklestar2, Feb 7, 9:13pm
ok i will look into that and thanks.