"Whats The Best Motorcycle Radar Detector" ?

mastertechno, Oct 8, 8:32am
Currently i have the TPX.2.0 detector. When its going is does the business,however, the plug into the detector is very fragile , and i am now on the third wiring set. Any suggestions? Anybody ?

saxman99, Oct 8, 8:34am
Modify the unit. Change plug type or hard wire it; you could put an inline plug on it. Etc.

mantagsi, Oct 8, 8:38am
Get ya speedo fixed!

Jokes aside, I reckon saxman99 has the answer. If you cant change the plug type, try find some way to relieve the strain on the plug, especially so if the wiring into the plug is flapping in the breeze, that will stress it out somewhat. If you can make up some sort of support to grip the cord and take all loading / stress off of the plug and socket into the unit you will be away laughing.

noswalg, Oct 8, 9:53am
How do you find the connectivity between the detector and the headset? Any delay? Been thinking about getting one, it would cost about the same to set my Bel up for the bike but haven't found anyone with actual experience with a TPX yet. Any feedback appreciated.

tamarillo, Oct 8, 5:54pm
I have one and it's great. Solid and bale to get some water. Big buttons, works. Warning into headset is completely reliable, batteries die in headset quick when left on by mistake so I buy in bulk. Unit works, but only when there's other traffic ahead getting pinged. When I'm on my own by the time I'm pinged and I hear it is too late.im told it might not work with very latest gear rozzers have but don't think they have them down south.
Downside is I'm having to buy a Bluetooth transmitter as I now have a sena coms in place and it doesn't auto work with anything but it's own helmet unit. So it gets expensive and I would have thought it could work with any Bluetooth.

tamarillo, Oct 8, 5:56pm
My plug has been fine 3 yrs in now. Odd.

dingo011, Mar 8, 9:20am
I have had a TPX for three years as well and not had plug issues? I have a Bluetooth transmiiter plugged into one of the accessory leads synced to a Noisehush in helmet head set. Bought the bluetooth transmitter ex T.M for $35.00? just has a 3.5mm plug and a mini USB port to charge. I also fitted a usb socket on my bike so that the transmitter is charging when the bike is running. I have had no issues with Bluetooth connection and the Noisehush and transmitter auto connect when in range.