TUI billboard candidates, car division

geedubu, Oct 24, 5:12am
I love the ads that state "sometimes doesn't start, I can't be bothered checking it out" or "overheats, could need top up, too busy to check" or "failed warrant probably easy fix, gotta get rid of it" You have to imagine the unspoken part - mate checked it over, the car is totally poked, drop it on trademe and hope for a mutt with a dream.

franc123, Oct 24, 5:23am
The good old Too Many Projects or Haven't Got Time to fix. its always been code for this thing needs far more work than I thought it did, the person I got it off didn't know either, and its plain I don't have the skills,money, facilities or equipment to fix it properly nor even have a clue of the real cost of doing it. But I still think my pile of rusty and incomplete rubble is worth at least half of its fully restored worth.

2sheddies, Jan 6, 5:13pm
"Wof expires this month, but don't see any reason why it wouldn't pass." Tui. Or.

"Too busy to get a new WOF". Tui.

Usually because they're trying to flog a POS they know damn well won't pass inspection, so are keen to make it someone else's problem. Or it shows they lack time management skills. I don't believe anyone would be so busy they can't sort out 30 mins to drop a car off for a WOF check at some point. A complete and utter BS excuse. Mind you, so many people these days lack the ability to plan ahead and organise themselves. just look at the mass panic that goes on when the shops are closed on the few stat days each year!