Help with my car

rusty-bones, May 10, 9:08pm
I have a little car and the window switch on the door broke. My son fixed it yesterday and now my car won't start and is making a awful sound when I try it. Could this be at all related do you think? Thanks

pettal, May 10, 9:36pm
With all the mucking about getting your window to go = the battery is now flat ,,, just guessing ? .

rusty-bones, May 10, 10:20pm
No the battery is fine.

stevo2, May 10, 10:26pm
2 questions.
Whats the car and what sort of awful sound?

rusty-bones, May 10, 10:30pm
It's a Diahatzu Move year 2000. And it's just not a trying to turn over move its just sounds wrong. I don't even know how to explain it sorry.

bumfacingdown, May 10, 10:35pm
I know you said the battery was fine, how did you determine this? Have you charged the battery up to make sure?

rusty-bones, May 10, 10:37pm
It has the green light to say it's ok. I don't know how reliable they are. Shall I try to jump start it with another car?

johotech, May 10, 10:44pm
Good idea.

panicky, May 10, 10:45pm
The green light (float) only tests one cell, most have 9 or 11.

rusty-bones, May 10, 10:58pm
The orange engine light comes on to now and that has never happened before. Will just have to wait for a jump, will try when my son comes over. Thank you.

rusty-bones, May 11, 1:46am
Yah my cars going. Thanks everyone. My daughter brought her battery charger around and it worked. :-)

skin1235, May 11, 2:25am
?
maybe 6? perhaps

wind.turbine, May 11, 2:53am
most 12 car batterys have 6 cells and when fully charged should have about 2.2V each cell

wind.turbine, Feb 4, 2:14am
had a battery recently that would not hold its charge in the cold weather and had the indicator saying it was green, pulled the top off to check each cell and sure enough, one cell was dead