Repair Certification

Page 2 / 2
lookoutas, Jun 27, 8:57pm
You made sense for a start. ^

mrfxit, Jun 27, 9:31pm
Easy .
The guy who inspected the coon for a wof didn't notice the above mentioned repairs but nailed it on something else.

mrfxit, Jun 27, 9:34pm
Where, how, type of replacement steel, OEM style joins.
Ie: OEM type repairs & spec's for that specific vehicle (not just type or model style)

kazbanz, Jun 27, 9:34pm
WAS the falcon deregistered or did it have current rego?
THAT is the point.
Regardless of the right or wrong of it any cowboy can attack a registered car.The whole back end could in reality be stuck on with a couple of lumps of "seagull poo" as long as it looks right and the brakes.suspension, steering etc seem to be working fine.
Sorry to be pushing the Jap import barrow. But I wonder how many older cars that have always had rego current could/would pass compliance inspection-even with an allowance for their age re seatbelts,indicators etc.

elect70, Jun 27, 11:49pm
Guess this is why see so many cars with frontal damage written off, insurance co s know what its going to cost for certification on top of repairs . Plus so few around they can charge telephone # , in Horowhenua there is only 1

grangies, Jun 28, 12:46am
One consolation is, that if you feel too overwhelmed with the whole process, you'll still get good money for it as is.

laspaz, Jun 28, 12:55am
I doubt I would get my money back at this stage, as I have pulled it apart and chopped it up. Hopefully when she is road legal I should see some return in value!

I went and had a word with my local panel beater this morning and he suggested Barry Robinson. So at this stage I will go ahead with him. Thanks for all the feedback.

bbboo, Apr 9, 6:03pm
I look at it as cheap insurance to have a repair cert done while the repair is in bare metal as at the testing station vining they can send you for a repair cert anyway if they have any doubts, and that can mean stripping new paint or under seal to see the repair. And yes repair certs and LVV certs are different. I have been through this already with a USA import which when presented for vining with repair cert (rust repair) LVV cert (new seatbelt mounts, disc brake upgrade) and a brake measurement declaration (size of drums, rotars etc) it meant it flew through vining. As for travel costs it can sometimes be cheaper to take the vehicle to the certifier.
Also take lots of photos before during and after everything is repaired, the more proof of a quality repair the easier it will be for the cert. I have scratch built a 32 Ford, imported from the US and also restored and modified a dead regoed classic so have been through it all. My advise is don't stress just talk often to your certifier/s for advise and progress on your project. Good luck its worth it in the end.