I bought a car part from the other end

steve198, Oct 12, 6:41pm
Of the country & gave them my correct rego but the part is wrong. Do I need to pay for return shipping or should they? Thanks.

monaro17, Oct 12, 7:11pm
If you supplied all the required info and they mistakenly sent you the wrong part they should pay the return shipping

thunderbolt, Oct 12, 7:38pm
If it is their error, then it guess they should pay the shipping cost.
What was the part?
Is there any chance the car may have been modified since new and that's why the part is incorrect?
NZ has the most complicated car parc in the world, so many variations of models that were imported from Asia and Europe, it's not that easy for the part suppliers to get it right every time.

kazbanz, Oct 12, 8:05pm
I'd be more concerned in finding the correct part than worrying re freight.
What is the car and what is the part?

steve198, Oct 12, 8:20pm
The car is a 2000 Suzuki Alto 1L EHA62S (MODEL #). ZN8407 (REGO).

The part I received (tie rod end) you can see the thread at one end. The tie rod end currently on my car has thread inside a hollow housing, in other words with my car the visible thread is on the rack end. Thanks.

steve198, Oct 12, 8:26pm
My last resort is to pay $160 from Hollands Suzuki. If the part I ordered fit it would have only set me back $40 inc shipping. Could I keep this new tie rod end & buy a rack end with internal thread at one end? I'd say it would be cheaper doing this for both sides of the car than buying a single tie rod end from Suzuki.

martin11, Oct 12, 8:55pm
At least with Hollands you would have got the correct part without all of the trouble you seem to be having , probably cost you more in the end all of the trying to save a few dollars

toyboy3, Oct 12, 9:16pm
What are you concerned about , wrap it up and down to the post shop with $2.70 and it is away .when asking for parts send a photo since you have noticed it is different

steve198, Oct 12, 9:35pm
Yes I'll just pay postage if I have to now because the business has been good to deal with overall. I've sent them images & they are checking if they have the correct part. I know what to look for now so this wouldn't happen again, before I ordered it though I assumed it was like buying a cheeseburger, you ask for a cheeseburger & you get a cheeseburger but now I know car parts aren't necessarily as black & white.

bill-robinson, Oct 13, 7:27pm
this to easy i know, but talk to the company you bought the part from, they, and only they, will give you the correct answer.

supernova2, Feb 14, 12:29am
I say that under the CGA the part must be fit for purpose and if not the seller is liable to pay any related costs. IMHO related costs includes the cost of returning the incorrect part to the seller. It probably could be argued that the seller should provide the appropriate replacement but I cant see them being to happy about that.

However as others have said just send the thing back and forget about the $2.50 involved.