Motorcycle

portchester, Dec 24, 6:38pm
how long can you leave petrol in tank before no good and if no god whats quickest way to empty had petrol in tank for 12 months as not used bike

daryl14, Dec 24, 6:46pm
Should be good enough to run on. It doesn't really go off. Top it up with premium and go do some skids.

mopar63, Dec 24, 6:47pm
I just bought a gn250 a week ago that was sitting in a shed for 5 years that started up easy and ran fine on the gas that was in the tank ,have started quite a few cars that I bought as old projects ,sitting for years.
heard lots a of stories on tm threads about old ,stale petrol but hasn't been an issue for me

tamarillo, Dec 24, 6:52pm
As long as it has feul filter in place. If not put one in first, or drain clean.

mals69, Dec 24, 8:14pm
You could have bit of water at bottom of carbi
due to condensation - drain carbi

berg, Dec 25, 2:49am
The old fuel seemed to last better than this newer stuff. Personally, I'd whip the tank off and empty it and feed some fresh stuff in. Had a car with 12 month old fuel in it that when drained and put in a container you could barely light with a match!

bagal, May 3, 1:00am
Petrol goes stale but it seems to go corrosive as well. I have a motorcycle where petrol was left in too long and has corroded tank inside. Bike is currently a non runner. Will start but not run properly so I think the carb has some blocked jets or some other corrosion.