tamarillo, Nov 19, 6:45pm
Shoulda bought a beemer.

ford_transit, Nov 19, 6:47pm
Nice. the auger did it for me :)
Next. the harley

sr2, Nov 19, 10:39pm
Brilliant!

elect70, Nov 20, 2:57am
Ive had a couple id have liked to blow up , 1981 nissan bluebird & 1987 Vl commie only new cars i bought & both had numerous recurring problems,POS s .

brapbrap8, Nov 20, 3:46am
Mitsubishi Triton is the biggest lemon I have had.
In 3 years it has had 2 new wiring harnesses, a new stereo, new 3rd gear syncro, complete new paintjob, various trim bits that fell off, various connectors and springs in the SRS system and a new radiator.
As well as various recalls.
A mate just got rid of his one the same age, his one had all the same issues, plus 2 complete engines and 3 turbos under warranty as well.

It would probably actually be cheaper for Mitsubishi to just give everyone who has a 2.5L Triton a brand new ute rather than continue doing warranty stuff on them.

westwyn, Nov 20, 10:53am
brapbrap, that's an all too common story I hear a LOT around the traps, overall that last Triton series has been a right and proper dog it seems. We've certainly had more than could possibly deemed "bad luck" with issues in the returned / repo'd ones we see. Here's hoping the new model does it better.

franc123, Nov 20, 11:14am
Too many manufacturers focussed on building stuff as cheap as possible, not getting the basics right and filling them up with electronic gadgetry that for the weight and complexity it adds you have to ask if its really all needed. Fitting control modules for mirrors and locks inside doors for goodness sake, a nice damp environment subject to repeated impact from the door slamming! Good idea NOT. When you buy a household electrical appliance what does it say to not expose it to? It sure isn't going to have a long life, they're only circuit boards inside plastic cases that are hopefully sealed properly.

kingfisher21, Nov 20, 11:41am
Try some new trucks, latest FH Volvo's use 27 different computers and control modules and most of the "wiring" is fibre optic. And boy do they do some wierd things when they play up.

hawat, Sep 30, 4:09pm
We've got a Cherokee at work. Brand new with only 1500k's on the clock. Its got rattles and squeaks already and there are a couple of flaws in it. There is a major blindspot on the passenger side review mirror and the brakes are really weak. You have to stomp on them and its a bit gutless. I wouldn't buy one. Our daughter just bought a brand new Tiguan. Twice the car and yet cheaper.