I love my car salesman but.

bumfacingdown, Aug 20, 8:11am
Just a wee counter to the other thread.

Bought a car, noticed it was pulling to the left and told salesman that I had concerns about this.
"Oh, its a front wheel drive car, they all do that"

Hmmm, not with a proper wheel alignment they don't

kazbanz, Aug 20, 8:16am
Yea but nahh but Yea. Had a customer insisted the car needed to drive straight down the road.--NO pull to the left.
No amount of talking would convince him they all pull left. -because of road camber.
We fixed it as demanded.
less than a week later he was back.-He had gotten onto a completely flat bit of road and the car pulled right.

bumfacingdown, Aug 20, 8:27am
Yeah, the one I had would have left you with Godzilla arms from holding it straight let alone turn right

kazbanz, Aug 20, 8:36pm
THAT is different. shoulda been picked up long ago

tamarillo, Aug 20, 8:41pm
Being told the Nissan stagea wagon was a Volvo made under licence.
Few years ago, at Wellington yard.

bumfacingdown, Aug 21, 3:33am
Damn, you mean I bought a Volvo in disguise?

bumfacingdown, Aug 21, 3:35am
Another exacting piece of English to discribe a car
"I can almost guarantee this has not been in a prang"
Sure convinced me, but not in the way that car salesman wanted to

westwyn, Aug 21, 5:34am
That'll be the same salesman who told me at a long-since folded branch of a notorious "car group" similar to XYZ Motor Group that the Toyota Cavalier was made in Japan.

quickbuck, Aug 22, 1:09am
Had a salesman tell me that we (working for a well known motor racing identity in Ch-Ch) get them in and Chip them. It gives them another 20Bhp, which is like 30Kw in the new measurement. I (being a 20 year old) said na, it's actually only 15 Kw. He walked off on me. How Rude!

quickbuck, Aug 22, 1:11am
Exactly why front bike tyres wear out on Right of Centre too.
Not wheel alignment on them either.

quickbuck, Aug 22, 1:31am
Just to Clarify (and where did the edit thing go? Or am I thinking of the wrong MB), I mean No amount of Wheel alignment adjustment will fix this issue.

kazbanz, Aug 22, 3:46am
yea mate you can "fix" it. But you are fixing an issue that doesn't exist.
You can set a car up to track straight on a cambered road-ANY cambered road. But go to a road with less camber and it pulls right . More camber and it still swings left

quickbuck, Sep 15, 11:01am
Yup, the cause is not what the symptoms indicate to some.