Car probems

Page 2 / 2
denisue, May 21, 4:54am
Car is still struggling on, 20 days after last post.
I am on the look out for another one, will have to get a bank loan.
I can have up to $5000.00, add to my mortgage.
I need a three door car, because I have arthritis and find a bigger door easier to get into the car, more room to swing around.
Am looking at a Toyota Vitz on the weekend.
Ex rental car.

yz490, May 21, 5:26am
Hi, i might not have read it fully but if but if it was doing much the same when you bought it 6 years ago & you can put up with it's habits & if it's only basically scrap value now i think i'd just keep driving it--unless wof work rules that out economically. Changed the computer in my old honda from another that had traction control & it kept starting minus one cylinder [is a 5 cylinder normaly] so swapped it back after a week. Auto changed different too during that week.

intrade, May 21, 5:29am
be carfull the newer toyota are just as much a nightmare. you want one with a 3speed plus overdrive automatic aisin transmission. or you go from one heap to the next as ex rental car is not exactly something i would put on top of a purchase list.

denisue, May 22, 5:31am
Problem is I don't have huge money available. Only what the bank will lend me.
I would not put an ex rental on top of my purchase list either, I can imagine all the thrashing it will have had.
I need a car that has a AA report with it probably then at least I know what I am getting.
As you say I don't want another heap to replace the one I already have.
I actually like the Honda Logo, but if I got another how would I know I might get one with the same problems as the one I've already got.
A person at Strong Bros said they are known for the gearbox problems.
Especially the year and model I have.

intrade, May 22, 5:34am
aa reports are as good as if a 5 year old has scribbled on a form. you want a early 2000 toyota possibly with the old 90s 4 cilinder engine and the old style transmission. 2000 because that is the year whom gets 1 year wofs.

denisue, Jul 15, 4:49am
Car finally came to a stop. Gearbox just would not go any further.
Lovely place to give up, intersection of Balmoral Rd, Greenlane Rd,
St Andrews Rd, Auckland. I wanted to know what happens when the gearbox finally gives up, now I know.
4 men pushed the car onto the footpath, and there I waited for a tow truck.
AA arranged a tow home, and next day I sold it.
Sold the car to one of those car people that pay cash and take it away, never to be seen again. I got $300.00 for it.
I bought a new, well not new, another car on Sunday, a 2000 Toyota Vitz.
My Honda Logo lasted me 8 years, so it will be interesting to see how long this car lasts. Much lower mileage, 79000, the logo had 134000 when I bought it.
I had forgotten how a car drives with a good gearbox, after all the trouble I had with the Logo.
No jumping and lurching.

len_f, Feb 1, 12:17am
Hi not worth fixing common fault to risky putting in a second hand box it will probably be just as bad