Car will be unused

807, Jun 30, 5:06am
for 5 weeks. Should I disconnect the battery, or just leave it ( older car, so no power windows,etc. )

intrade, Jun 30, 5:11am
disconnect minus thermainal and put plenty rat poision for the rats under car.

motorboy2011, Jun 30, 5:16am
Lock it. Have a nice holiday.

jmma, Jun 30, 6:48am
What Vehicle, will you have to rest radio code?
If batt goes flat if 5 weeks there is omething wrong.

tony9, Jun 30, 7:24am
You have not owned a Range Rover then.

jmma, Jun 30, 7:43am
You would be correct (o:

skin1235, Jun 30, 7:47am
+20, plenty of rat bait, especially at this time of the year, the rats and mice are coming in looking for warm undisturbed spots to nest up, and chew up

807, Jun 30, 7:52am
. no coded radio . 1993 Charade with no fancy electronics.

monaro17, Jun 30, 7:59am
In that case don't worry about the rat bait!

skin1235, Jun 30, 7:59am
pull one terminal if you wish, we have 4 vehicles here, some of them don't even get a start in every 2 months, they always go when you turn the key, you're saying you'll be away for 5 weeks, just lock it, toss a rug over it, go on holiday

m16d, Jun 30, 8:08am
Give the keys to the kids. it's better to use it than not.

msigg, Jun 30, 8:48am
No need to do anything with it, lock and leave in a safe place. We often leave or cars for weeks. All good.

mardyyy, Jul 1, 6:31am
And if you have you know a flat battery is a blessing compared to the other joys of ownership with a LR product.

grangies, Jul 1, 8:46am
If it is on your mind enough to even ask. Then why not just disconnect it to ease your mid LOL.

It will take all of 60 seconds. Much less time than following this thread so far hahahhahaha

ceedoubleyou, Apr 2, 10:10am
couple years back, I was away for 3 weeks, came back to collapsed batteries, told they were probably on their way out anyways, so i didn't take any chances this time when I was away for 4 weeks, trickle charged a few hours each day, it did the trick, batteries were good. A 3rd car, I had someone drive it a couple times a week.