Only have only owned the car a week, but.

tgray, Oct 7, 7:59am
I am selling because:
"My wife can't drive a manual"
"I have just been given a company car"
"I am moving to Aussie"

If you believe this stuff, you deserve what you get.

franc123, Oct 7, 8:13am
Its more a case of, it looked good in the photos, I skipped a PPI because its a Toyota and things don't go wrong or need servicing, but I've since discovered its a lemon.

owen106, Oct 7, 8:18am
Went to view a car and Indian owner told me his wife had bought it at auction and didn't realise it was a manual. Of course she can't drive a manual. Yeah right. Thanks for wasting my time.

tgray, Oct 7, 8:20am
The thing is, people don't buy a car car too often and believe this crap.
With no names on the car reports now, it's easier than ever for people to make up this stuff and get away with it.

tamarillo, Oct 8, 1:19am
Ouch! I must be very naive. Sometimes crap for sure, but sometimes true, maybe you just need to get a feel by rest of advert.
I bought my current bike below normal price from guy going to Aussie, he was indeed packed, boxes ready, furniture going when I got there. Offered him little bit more than I thought dealer would give in the Monday.
Have sold cars twice as I got company car! Had no need of it, genuine reason.
Have a little faith. in some people.

morticia, Oct 8, 1:24am
I still often initially forget when looking at cars to check if it's auto or manual, but I would hope that I wouldn't get so far as to buy a manual before realising I couldn't drive it.

texastwo, Oct 8, 1:37am
If you actually drove it the you wouldnt need "to check"

morticia, Oct 8, 1:48am
Well, if I was in a position to want to/have to take one sight unseen, then that wouldn't be a factor, would it, but I doubt at this point in time that would ever be the case. Who knows.

tgray, Oct 8, 3:14am
My post was directed at reasons people are selling after only a week or so of ownership. If they have owned it for a few months or more, then these reasons become more believable.
In fact only a few days ago, I bought a car from a lady who is moving to Australia. Nothing wrong with that. The big difference is she had owned it 3 years and had the service records to back it up.
If people are selling after only owning it a week, you really have to ask the hard questions. I would suggest they are either lying and selling it on for a quick tax free buck, or they have found something seriously wrong with it.

frytime, Oct 8, 3:47am
Doesn't use water. Looks under bonnet and there isNt any in over flow bottle or radiator.

richardmayes, Oct 8, 4:09am
As opposed to that old classic car dealer chestnut "this car won't still be here next week!"

And then you drive past his yard a month later and it's still there.

Is it still BS when a "professional" spouts it?

rovercitroen, Oct 8, 7:34am
Heard that one from dealers (or dealers salespeople) a few times over the years!

matarautrader, Oct 8, 7:52am
I like " must sell moving to Aussie. Will take swaps"

casper35, Oct 8, 6:01pm
I am supprised how many cars are for sale that the people have just been given a company car. A lot of companys must be doing very well then.

carclan, Oct 8, 6:28pm
A baby on the way is another one

carclan, Mar 9, 10:06am
I sold a BMW after a week, I bought it when I was 2/3's pissed and told the new owner exactly that, and everything that was wrong with it too.