Honda stream rsz 2007+ anyone own one of these car

star981, Jul 17, 5:05am
Hi everyone im looking at upgrading my car and im really liking thebhonda stream rsz model 2007 and up so the newer shape.
Can anyone tell me what you love/hate about them? I have read reviews on the car im just wanting some opinions from people who drive them regularly.
Thanks In advance

bryshaw, Jul 17, 10:53am
1.8 or 2 litre?

intrade, Jul 17, 9:04pm
all i can tell you the newer it is the more compulsury electronics whom fails sooner or later has to be on the cars, to cut cost all manufacturer cut corners to try and meet the emission laws.
yes like to thin of a wiring like toyota do to name one example is caused by emission laws less waight= less fuel consumption every gramm counts to meet the enforced laws standards of the year it was made.

kazbanz, Jul 17, 9:20pm
Star-I can't comment from personal long tern ownership.But I can tell you that everyone that has bought one from a dealer in Auckland has reported they are really happy with the comfort and fuel economy.

star981, Jul 18, 1:06am
Thank you for the feedback i really appreciate it. Im looking at rge 1.8 asi believe the 2 litre has a cvt?

mottly, Jul 18, 4:59am
9 km per Litre! That's nearly the same as my 6 cylinder!

star981, Jul 18, 5:09am
Mottly i get that you really dont like these cars lol
Thanks for your feedback
Thanks kazbanz ive read that they are comfortable ive had mixed responses to the fuel economy so its good to get the feedback from you about what people have said. Thanks i appreciate it

bryshaw, Jul 18, 8:54am
This model Honda Stream was made for the Malaysia market, so I am not sure if they had the dodgy 1.8 motor that had water seepage into the crankcase problems. The 2 litre was OK.

star981, Jul 18, 9:06am
Ohok i didnt realise that bryshaw does the 2 litre have cvt or have they stoppwd that transmission?

bryshaw, Jul 18, 9:24am
This is how CVT works.
http://www.honda.co.nz/technology/driving/cvt/ And it is anyone's guess which country had which gearbox. http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2007/1149290/honda_stream_2_0l_rsz.html

mottly, Jul 18, 10:22pm
correction, Honda made excellent bikes and crap cars. My jeep uses 10l fuelled per 100km either towing a trailer or not. And supposedly that's hideously expensive to run. The reviews state these Hondas are near the same, but very gutless in town. My cousin had the same issues with her stream. She bought one for her Rd mail run. Was useless on gravel driveways and hills, and had crap all room inside it. She was shunted in the corner by an old hilux, which only sustained a scratch in the bumper, but wrote off the Honda :(

audi_s_ate, Jul 18, 10:28pm
What a great contribution to this thread. A stream is hardly a good option for an RD run. OP it has the same 1.8 as found in the civic of similar years. Fuel should be around 8l/100km which is fairly reasonable. I would expect quite a lot lower on the open rd. The 1.8 is the one to get to avoid the CVT.

star981, Jul 19, 6:31am
Thanks everyone for the feedback i really appreciate it yeah i was told to avoid cvt and go with the 1.8 version
Ive had a honda car before and really loved it hence why im keen to buy another it had no problems at all it just drove and drove

bryshaw, Jul 19, 9:56am
There is nothing wrong with Honda vehicles and the motors are very robust and technically advanced. Just pick the model that suits your lifestyle, or occupation if a work vehicle.

realtrader1, Dec 17, 10:44pm
So can anyone tell me for sure:

1) Is the 1.8L a good motor?

2) Is it interference and cambelt or camchain?

3) Is it CVT or traditional auto?

Someone said it might have a Malaysian engine that has major issues. is that true?

Overall, good car or bad?

Any help would be really great cheers.

kazbanz, Dec 18, 1:10am
The 1800 is a chain drive DOHC same as in the later model Honda Civic.
NO issues with any Ive sold over the past few years

bryshaw, Dec 18, 2:07am
There was an engine block water leakage problem in some 1800 motors.

fordcrzy, Dec 18, 9:09am
but which ones? years? models?

realtrader1, Dec 18, 9:49pm
Thanks Kazbanz. Bryshaw, what year and engine size was that?

Any other comments from anyone who knows anything about these cars?

kazbanz, Dec 18, 10:01pm
Where are you getting your info from?
UK .USA NZ

grangies, May 29, 1:03am
LOL. An old Hilux is a full ladder chassis vehicle with inflexible steel bumpers. It is going to smash the shit out of anything it hits.