Parts via the internet

Page 2 / 2
rob_man, Nov 22, 9:06pm
Same thing, I've got a contact trying to organise shipping through some sort of proxy agent over there.

sgrants, Nov 22, 9:10pm
NZ post do a shipping proxy service now ! I'm trying it now have goods in transit so waiting to see how well it works .

noswalg, Nov 22, 9:31pm
Just paid $300 including shipping for 3 K&N pod filters off trade me from a K&N agent, was going to be NZ $275 direct from K&N in the US including shipping (sea freight) or $52 each from a seller on eBay out of US, Went with the NZ option as they were in the country, While the eBay option looked like the best deal how do I know they aren't cheap knock offs posing as the genuine thing?

mals69, Nov 22, 9:40pm
Yes not going to make any difference to purchasers.
Do not think will cost much to collect though in the electronic age,
very easy to snip the ticket.
See lot of international retail websites already collect the tax through
their systems for countries that opt in.

Next target should be Facebook etc who take business off NZ websites and
pay very little tax.

purple666, Nov 22, 9:49pm
I purchased some stuff online for a friend just after the govt started making noise about duty/taxes etc on imports, couple of days later I get an unsolicited e-mail from the company I was dealing that said not to pay any attention to the invoice in the package as they had heard what the NZ govt was up to and undervalued the goods by heaps, attached was the correct invoice. I had to laugh.

supernova2, Nov 22, 9:55pm
What about getting one made?. There are several outfits in NZ that can make such things.

desmodave, Nov 22, 10:18pm
http://www.eparrott.co.nz/

These guys should be able to make your cable .

mals69, Nov 22, 10:38pm
lollolol Chinese been doing it for years

purple666, Nov 22, 10:58pm
Funny you should mention that.
And I remember Spaulding & Rogers the tattoo suppliers in the USA doing it back in the 80's.

spindin, Nov 22, 11:02pm
Yep,
bought a heap of honda motorbike parts from e bay.
saved a bloody fortune.
every part was valued at $8.00 lol

budgel, Nov 22, 11:13pm
You could open a Shipito account which gives you a US address, and they forward it to you. NZ Post offers a similar service.

mals69, Nov 23, 12:15am
Interesting - Chinese were doing it to keep under the NZ $400 limit
when I was importing, was a great pointer of who were the dodgy
buggers.

wind.turbine, Nov 23, 1:15am
bought an EGR valve for my Triton from AU for about $460inc shipping
Was quoted over $800 from Mitsu dealer

lookoutas, Nov 23, 5:34am
I've done deals that I wouldn't be putting in writing!

carclan, Nov 23, 9:21pm
I bought one for a Lexus UCF10 about six years ago, quoted $815 NZD and 10 days delivery. I rang the agent in Las Vegas and asked if they would ship one out, no problem they said - $305 NZD and 4 days later I had it.

carclan, Nov 23, 9:25pm
I purchased a navigation unit on a wedsite (not available here) and the declaration said gift on it with declared value of a fraction of what I paid. Some of those websites now ask what declaration value you would like lmfao

mals69, Nov 24, 12:19am
And some NZ retailers wonder why people buy overseas, time
for them to get pencil sharpener out .

purple666, Nov 24, 12:22am
It made no difference as was only worth a couple of hundred dollars, it was the timing that cracked me up, I wasn't aware that it was that common.

morrisman1, Nov 24, 8:49pm
I just ordered a cusco lsd, looked at importing from japan. Landed cost including gst and agent fees ($80) it was going to be $1712, the local distributer could do it for $1490 inc gst to my door. I was surprised and gladly went with the local.

budgel, Nov 24, 9:02pm
Isnt a wedsite where you get the Russian brides from?;-)

supernova2, Nov 24, 9:58pm
Maybe these ones come with GPS locator systems. So you can detect which brothel they are at!

billyfieldman, Nov 24, 11:36pm
The difference in price of $500 is definitely more than GST.
I think most people understand that local retailers need to make a profit but not that much !

tintop, Nov 24, 11:56pm
I got a windscreen washer pump for a MB Sprinter camper

$118 + gst locally from a non-oe local supplier, $36 + $36 postage from MicksGarage, and faster delivery

https://nz.micksgarage.com/

carclan, Sep 13, 10:35am
I will always give the locals a go, if its within about 30 - 40 % I will usually purchase it, happy to pay a bit more but don't want to be shafted too much.