Parts via the internet

Page 1 / 2
mharwood, Nov 22, 1:13am
2 holden epica needed 2 cover plates over the transmission the paint fell off

Auckland Holden dealer $282.75 each plus gst

Australia Holden dealer $70 each plus $28 air freight 3 days

we all need to check the net every time for parts

ceebee2, Nov 22, 1:25am
Yep, until the Government figures out a way to charge all importations GST!

carclan, Nov 22, 4:40am
I agree, I bought a crank angle sensor for 1/3 of the what was quoted here. I have no problem buying from my local dealer and happy to pay a bit more but I have limitations.

The Government will soon be onto this believe me.

socram, Nov 22, 7:36am
The problem is that if the Government starts hitting imports, currently not paying duty, that the overseas countries will retaliate and tax our exporters, who, like most countries, don't whack GST on exports.

Fifteen years ago, MG Metro headlamp In NZ - secondhand, $250. New, $350. Picked up two secondhand ones in the UK for $20 each.

pico42, Nov 22, 8:23am
Duty and GST are two different things. Car parts don't incur duty, but do incur GST; that GST currently only being collected if the total amount exceeds about $400.

gammelvind, Nov 22, 8:28am
Even so the OP would only pay about $25 more with gst, which is still a considerable saving over the NZ quoted price.

saxman99, Nov 22, 8:34am
I buy pretty much everything on the net these days.

mals69, Nov 22, 8:48am
1 motorbike filter $24 supercheap
3 delivered to my door from Arizona off ebay for $21

snoopy221, Nov 22, 8:58am
So a computer is a part of your toolbox-
or are ya still replacing points?

mals69, Nov 22, 9:13am
Computer also shows folk who do not know how to replace points
how to get the job done as well as buy them - ultimate toolbox.

rob_man, Nov 22, 9:16am
I was thinking about that little problem Martin, maybe somebody could print a lasered graphic onto adhesive vinyl and simply stick it over the top.
Getting stuff from Aussie is far easier though.
I'm trying to source a tilt motor for my outboard atm. Not having too much joy .

snoopy221, Nov 22, 9:19am
Meh dayzzz of paper manuals.
And-shyte-dere'l be a youtube vid on dat.
LOL

snoopy221, Nov 22, 9:21am
I'm trying to source a tilt motor for my outboard atm. Not having too much joy .

Edited by rob_man at 10:18 pm, Sat 21 Nov

THE OLE FLEA MA CUZZ-
e bay. FLEABAY- lol

carclan, Nov 22, 9:23am
I buy shop manuals this way too, most dealers won't sell them to the public so no guilt on my behalf.

rob_man, Nov 22, 10:16am
They're on there for $65 US but won't send to NZ. They're here for $300 -$495.

saxman99, Nov 22, 10:19am
Use youshop or other similar service.

mharwood, Nov 22, 10:29am
thanks thought about that as this happens to this model but wanted to keep them original plus just a phone call and here in 3 days

mals69, Nov 22, 10:37am
Yeah remember those days of trying to turn the page with greasy hands, now can just wipe the screen. Download a manual for nothing.

Just a wee tip for those not in the know - to inhance your search put your seach terms like this into uncle google

+Honda +50 +outboard +motor +parts +for +sale

(experiment with different combinations of search terms)

Uncle google will now find all occurances of those search terms that exsist together (some use the words between speech marks or brackets but have found the plus sign works the best)

treachug, Nov 22, 10:38am
Tried Amazon/? Lots of places sell on there same as Flea-bay & order sent by Amazon fulfillment services - meaning shipping to NZ.
I have got 4 new tyre pressure sensors & calibrating tool for an '06 Corvette for works car yard coming via Amazon. Couldn't find many on fleabay that would ship to NZ

franc123, Nov 22, 10:48am
Precisely, adding Gestapo tax on all imports isn't going to sway the purchasers decision in most cases, isn't going to achieve its stated aims, is going to cost more than its worth to collect, any other method of collection is going to involve cooperation from parties (suppliers/credit card co's) who aren't going to get anything out of it and will likely not collect the tax or not bother supplying at all. I'm not sure why its even being revisited, its been costed before.

mals69, Nov 22, 10:54am
Its to appease NZ retailers, bit like removing depreciation claims on residential rental building - did not want to bring in capital gains so appeased the public with no depreciation claims on the building - which does not effect landlords to a great extent.

daryl14, Nov 22, 8:03pm
Men. I need a bike speedo cable. Am I better to go on ebay or is there a good bike parts site with fast delivery? 92 kawasaki zephyr.

daryl14, Nov 22, 8:20pm
Sadly I did buy one from a trader here. It turned out to be too short and has been over a month since I returned it for a replacement. Now I want to look offshore. Always hearing about guys getting great deals on bike parts off shore.

franc123, Nov 22, 8:29pm
Correct, APPEASE the retailers, its not going to benefit them if the purchaser still sources direct from overseas is it?
Loss of Govt revenue is the primary concern.

sgrants, Nov 22, 9:00pm
Reading between the lines it is to appease the retailers, they wanted to "level the playing field" because we the punters where getting cheaper goods with no GeStapo Tax, problem with that idea is us punters gettin a way better deal than just the paltry 15% ! Most NZ retailers are price gougers (IMHO) when ya compare overseas prices most cases even buying at overseas retail prices our retailers are creaming it , when with the right contacts ya get trade pricing the biggest part of the price is freight and that's always more for small order / one off items.