150 stolen motorbikes and quads.

gpg58, Sep 23, 5:53am
Cops think it could have taken up to 6 hours to get them all.
http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=213544

Keep your eyes open for them appearing on here.

upnorth, Sep 23, 6:32am
"A white ute and 75 four-litre containers of Sinteck motor oil were also taken."

Obviously a well oiled operation.

gpg58, Sep 23, 6:33am
nice one.

fordcrzy, Sep 23, 6:56am
no alarm?

purple666, Sep 23, 6:59am
Was tampered with.

ryanm2, Sep 23, 7:00am
it was dis - engaged , apparently by the burglars. Who steals a whole bunch of crappy chinese no name ATV's and Scooters anyway? What is the stolen value of such items, $100 / $200 a piece?

ryanm2, Sep 23, 7:01am
This is what I dont get, those alarm PIR's are essentially tamper proof if turned on.

socram, Sep 23, 8:13am
Someone obviously scoped it. By the looks of it, Woottons, who have been in the accessory business a long time and keen motorsport people.

Taking that many must surely mean they'll crop up before too long and they'll grab the villains?

gpg58, Sep 23, 8:18am
Makes ya think they will be going out of the country (but who would want them) or they have another use for the engines etc.

beetle1234, Sep 23, 8:31am
Maybe a man of chinese breeding who had somewhere to send them back home where they might be a collectable or a real desparate scrap dealer ( I wouldve borrowed the forklift worth more),Feel for the owners but who in the kiwi mind would pinch chinese balls of shit,.? Is there any money in such a product. The theive,s were there for 6 hr( acoulding to the new,s),s cummon,It,snot a warehouse full of Harlys,really get real, call your insurance. maybe that was the plan. ,get real.

neell, Sep 24, 2:48am
Inside job, the owner realised they were all pieces of crap and would never be able to sell them and if he did mange to get rid of some he would be continually be fixing them under warranty. Insurance a better option.

nzjay, Sep 24, 3:04am
It does sound a bit suspicious. Surely they would have individual serial numbers and there would be records though, so who would take that risk of being traced.

tamarillo, Sep 24, 4:53am
As socram says sounds like woottons and I wouldn't be so quick to suspect them, they've been around a while and would know their market well enough.

socram, Sep 24, 5:04am
Agree. I'd also consider them trustworthy - despite the dubious source of the product!

mrfxit, Sep 24, 7:27pm
This lot will probably surface in the outer islands

purple666, Sep 24, 11:26pm
Wonder what the insurance company would pay to get them all back?

elect70, Sep 25, 3:48am
Wind up in places like FiJi & pacific islands . Customs arent that tough there unless they have been notified .Perps would produce fake papers . Vehicles cost lot there so if selling cheaply would be snapped up & untraceable . Too hot to sell In NZ ?

rsr72, May 10, 2:30am
More of toys than of mopeds and motor scooters, and no real motor bikes.
Police and TV News need to get things right.