Repair costs for the following (details inside)

master-trader, Mar 18, 12:25am
This is for a '94(? ) (I think Corolla or Corona. I'd have to check again which it was for)

Leak in power steering rack needs fixing
A rear shock is leaking
An oil leak from the engine

trying to get an idea of what one would pay for this work to be done. I know labour would vary from place to place but I hope the parts costs involved would be somewhat standard (ish)

master-trader, Mar 18, 12:37am
I'm not sure to be honest. I was just told it had leaks in those places.

tamarillo, Mar 18, 1:18am
No way of guessing how much labour without knowing where engine oil leak is. The possibilities are endless.

kazbanz, Mar 18, 1:29am
Im sorry but the information you have just isn't enough to give even a ballpark figure.
IF you can give the exact model,year,engine size then we would be able to give an idea re shocks and PS leak.
Unfortunately saying engine oil leak from "somewhere" is basicly in laymans terms like saying to a doctor -"Ive cut myself" A paper cut on a finger tip is a lot different to a stab wound in the heart.

master-trader, Mar 18, 1:43am
All good, I was just going off info I had given to me

zephyrheaven, Mar 18, 3:50am
$1500

_peas, Mar 18, 5:50am
If its a Corona it will more thank likely be a rocker cover gasket. $70 for the gasket, $30 for spark plug seals and 1.5hours labour. Bout $250. there are a few assumptions in there though. Like the guys say. bit more info.

intrade, Mar 18, 6:27am
steering rack if it is true leaking will be the biggest cost to fix
toyota are good for parts available in nz. also plenty secoundhand parts who interchange

nzdoug, Mar 18, 6:29am
prepare for diaper costs.

kazbanz, Mar 18, 6:34am
or is the the crank seal? or the cam seals or.

poppy62, Mar 18, 6:42am
Jmma! will be along to solve the problem. He's Toyotas version of Google.

mrfxit, Mar 18, 9:07am
#1 could be almost anything from a replacement rack to tightening a clamp.
#2 ring the dealers for price of a new pair of rear shocks & ask a garage for a quote on replacement.
The difference should be about 50% added on shockys price for replacement work.
This will give you a better idea on the real cost.
You could also simply ask the garage for a full quote including the shocks
#3 could be almost anything from tightening a few tappet cover screws & an engine wash to almost anything else.
The oil leak could even be getting on the engine from the power steering leak or vise versa

FIRST step would be getting an engine wash done to see where the leaks are coming from.

jmma, Apr 25, 8:01am
Problem! Toyota! Those two words don't go together. :oP