2008 Mazda Demio/2 1300cc

glennboy7, Jul 8, 6:00am
Hi all
Wondering if anyone can advise what these cars are like (issues, driving, running costs etc). My mum is looking at these and also a Toyota Ist/Ractis (1300cc).

intrade, Jul 8, 6:20am
i recommend you go to mazda and ask what parts cost like a heater core element. i am sure you soon will cross the mazda from the list to purchase . i just got the timing belt kit for my 96 punto fiat it cost 13 euro
33 euro was shipping and i had other parts in the shipping also.
toyota are ok but over rated they are not bullet proof like they once where no more . especially 2005 onwards.

andy61, Jul 8, 8:50am
Intrade, why go on about timing belt costs when the Mazda Demio doesnt have a timing belt?, some parts for the Demio are rather cheap,new front guards from Mazda $125.
Generally the Demio is a reliable dependable car ,no real issues, check for rust under the spare wheel well,and sometimes the right engine mount (drivers side) are prone to breaking,not too expensive or difficult to replace .

monaro17, Jul 8, 8:56am
A elderly family member bought a Mazda 2 brand spanking new off the showroom floor back in 2004. It is a 1.5L manual, it has always been serviced at Canterbury Mazda all its life and it has NEVER had anything go wrong with it. Nothing at all! Their spouse bought a brand new Honda Jazz at the same time and had to get rid of it recently due to a few little issues.

Those Mazda 2/Demio's are great little cars and to be honest the 1.5 manual version has a surprising amount of poke.

Edit. I re read and see you state 2008. is that the newer shape? If so I would assume they would also be a very good little car. -however the previous model is easier to get in/out of

pepper-nala, Jul 8, 9:33am
I have a toyota ist for sale on here great little car, easy to park nice to drive, recommend come have a drive of mine she will love it.

monaro17, Jul 8, 9:35am
You might want to delete that comment before Trademe see it- you are not allowed to advertise your auctions on the board. If you don't delete it they will. Just a friendly reminder.

confessor, Mar 6, 12:09am
Ok so i started another thread, just asking about cam belts or chains for a 2003 model