1993 Primera slipping trans

jasongroves, Feb 12, 6:53am
Hello boys and girls.
My work hack has started playing up a bit in the trans.
First problem is that it doesnt always start in park. either selector or contact issue I guess.
Second is that over the last week its been slipping when changing from 2nd to 3rd.
Fluid and filter is less than 12 months old and fluid is still clean with no burnt smell.
Something thats easy enough to remedy?
If not, do any of the non-slip fixity bottle remedies work at all?
Just needs to last a month or so and will just change the trans if needed.
Cheers all.

jenifa, Feb 12, 8:50am
Try the forums in the Primera car cub. Lots of helpful people there: http://www.primeracarclub.co.nz

jasongroves, Feb 12, 8:57am
Thanks.
In the mean time, anyone had any temporary success with the fix in a bottle stuff?

beast9, Feb 12, 9:32am
you could try rislone auto trans stop silp from repco it helped in the old mazda but had to treat it nice for first week for any noticable difference gearbox still going a year down the track

jasongroves, Feb 12, 9:35am
Was just looking at that on the Supercheap site :)
Looks to be the most promising and only needs to get me through a few weeks until I have time to fix it properly.
Cheers.

cjdnzl, Feb 12, 10:46am
Wife's '96 Primera was slipping, complete reconditioning of box was $1818 all up, far better deal than buying an unknown box and paying to get it fitted. The car drives like new now, job done by Lincoln Automatics in Palmerston North. Took two days.

delmic, Feb 12, 8:17pm
havent seen jason for a long time. hi

intrade, Feb 12, 8:41pm
Sounds a low price and if its done correctly, then would actuarly be worth doing considering a 93 is bullet proof compaired to mutch newer full of electronics nissan. so i assume this place has done it correct if it drives like new

kazbanz, Feb 12, 11:40pm
Jason-I'd suggest having a look at the possibility that the two issues are related in some way.my memory might be bad but I wonder if the car isn't slightly out of gear/cables tight etc.

jasongroves, Feb 13, 5:39am
Hello

jasongroves, Feb 13, 5:39am
Thanks but will be testing and fitting myself :)

jasongroves, Jun 20, 2:03pm
Cheers Kaz, definitely worth checking on that.
Will check options on basic repair before I throw a band aid on it.
Otherwise might just throw a manual box in it or another cheap auto.