Engine mount repair [Nelson]

itsbutters, Nov 5, 6:12pm
Hi all, can someone please recommend an outfit in Nelson who can replace a rear engine mount on Honda CRV and won't charge the earth? We just bought this car and have found the mount is completely shagged. We don't have a lot of money so have been looking to do myself but think it may be out of reach for me, skill wise.

So cheap and honest mechanic in Nelson?

Many thanks,
B

treachug, Nov 5, 6:19pm
Try Challenge Gourdie Automotive Ltd, 33 Waimea Road. Or any good workshop should be able to tackle the job.

kazbanz, Nov 5, 6:35pm
are you sure its just the rear mount? -Normally the rear is the last to go--I'd check the front too. Not a lot of point doing 1 if the others gone too.
did the engine mount /mounts not get picked up in the PP inspection?
One way to save money may be to contact the mount shop with your chasis number and order the part direct. I'd compare that price to what the workshop will charge.

itsbutters, Nov 5, 7:08pm
Great will head over to Challenge and have a chat. It's definitely the rear, couldn't see damage to the others but will get them all looked at. I can get Honda parts cheap so kind of lucky there - thanks for the help you two

mainlander05, Nov 8, 8:09pm
A hoist makes a big job for handymen a small job for a garage,so get two quotes.most garages will have a minimum charge out rate ie:at least an hour,even if job takes two.they have cost overheads.

ozz1, Nov 9, 12:58am
nelson auto parts mechanical . opposite harvey normans. 546 9473.

itsbutters, Nov 3, 5:02pm
Got it done at Mobil Stoke - good price. Thanks everyone