Mobile Car Valet - Recommendation

beki07, May 1, 4:16am
Long story short, i've been using a family members car for the past few months. I am now returning it and would like to get it professionally cleaned. As i'm heavily pregnant and vaccuming/cleaning a car is just too uncomfortable these days.
It does have pet hair so the cleaning charge is likely to be a bit higher as pet hair is the frustration of all cleaning.

Can anyone personally recommend or warn against any Mobile Car valets? I've got a limited budget, so looking for a reasonable price, honest, no fuss company that isn't going to try and hike up the cost if they feel they can make a extra buck (I haven't had great experiences with the car industry).

beki07, May 1, 4:19am
Should note, i'm in West Auckland. Most i really can afford to get this done is $200.00, as just got it serviced, filled it up with gas and will return once cleaned. Its a little 2 door, hatch back Mini

scarey65, May 1, 7:44am
you sound a very nice person

you can borrow my car anytime.

not many would do what you have

casper35, May 1, 9:25am
If I lived in Auckland I would do it for you for free.

nesta129, May 1, 9:49am
What kind of pet hair?Pity you live a bit far.

beki07, May 1, 10:21am
She did me a pretty massive favour lending me the car when mine broke down, and allowing me to use it while I saved for a replacement. She has been using her work vehicle which is a big van - so not so fun to drive all the time. I owe her :) She is the lovely one

beki07, May 1, 10:27am
Dog fur, short hair. She has dogs as well, so was happy for me to take my two in the car when needed. I tried to protect the seats with a blanket but unfortunately two happy go lucky dogs, bouncing around in the back still managed to get fur everywhere!.
She doesn't mind the dog hair at all, but i'd still like to get it as clean as i can.

I don't mind paying to get it done if its within my budget :) I've found a few reasonably priced places, but they all have disclaimers (can charge extra for dog hair, if extra dirty etc) but doesn't give a price indication. They all just say will give full cost when arrive - but have fees to come out.

Would hate for them to say it will be over my budget, then have to pay them for coming out - despite not getting it done due to cost. Might be over thinking it, but always feel better if i get some recommendations from other people

beki07, May 1, 10:30am
Naw thats so nice! But i really don't mind paying to have it done. It does take a bit of time and hassle to clean a car, and it saves me from having to do it. Just have to keep within my budget :D and find a good place

kiwikid2005, May 1, 11:06am
I can't make any personal recommendations unfortunately being in Wellington. however when I do look for various services, part of my internet research normally involves having a quick look at the 'NoCowboys' website for whatever feedback might be on there!

For your part of the world, I found this:

http://www.nocowboys.co.nz/search/waitakere-city-and-suburbs/car-cleaning-valet-service

You may have done this already maybe, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway just in case - good luck!

nesta129, Feb 17, 8:55am
Hi there,when do you need your car done by?I could help out if need be.I looked into getting my car done once but they were charging $25 just to remove pet hair.Seen some of the results and was not too impressed.
I have done grooming before so know a bit.Just as long as you got a strong vacuum cleaner,it will be fine
Message me your details on one of my listings,if this interests you.