Any Auto Sparky's?

mileyfan73, Mar 30, 1:56am
Have a 97 Peugeot 406 and the electric drivers seat isn't working at all.Have tested the fuses they are fine,and the relays under the dash.The passenger seat is still working fine.So no power getting to just the drivers side.Help!As the seat is currently in an awkward position!Thanks.

poppy62, Mar 30, 2:18am
Remove switch check connection (Plug) clean terminals and use lots of CRC should do the trick.

cabrio1, Mar 30, 2:42am
If the seat has a plug somewhere check for power to the plug. Beyond the plug it's the seat, before the plug it's the switch or something in the car wiring loom side.

mileyfan73, Mar 30, 2:54am
Have unplugged everything under the seat and tested them,no power at any of them other than the one that controls one of the memory functions -it made the mirrors move.All dead otherwise.

cabrio1, Mar 30, 3:05am
Hmm I'm no sparky. No power before the switch ? but after the relay? I would copy my checks on the working seat to double check my work firstly. Hmm, emergency fix to move the seat would be ( for me at least) to find out what moves the working one then connect a 12 v m/ bike battery to that terminal, get it to where you want. I can feel my avionics colleagues cringing right now. If you say no power to the switch on the seat, problem upstream. Sure there's not two relays.

mileyfan73, Mar 30, 3:34am
Well the weird thing is I unplugged all of the relays under the dash one by one and the passenger seat kept working each time!That confused me.Will try that cabrio1 thanks.Not fussed about it not working as I'm the only driver of it I just want to get it into a comfortable position!

cabrio1, Apr 5, 6:08pm
Before all the critics jump in, and for my own sake might be worth checking the working seat is getting 12v only, If ( I) were to blow up my seat, my problem. If you blow up your seat also my problem lol. Banking on 12 v all round though.