Pre Purchase Car Inspection Manakau City, Auckland

grangies, Sep 3, 7:56am
Hi there. Just seeking opinions on who a good,honest, pre purchase vehicle inspection company is in Auckland South ( Not AA please ) .

I will have to fly down to collect the vehicle if it is OK, so looking for a company that I can pre pay the $$ for a good thorough mechanical report.

Thanks

seadubya, Sep 3, 8:00am
Someone recommended Car Inspection Services in another thread, and I found them to be very good. Since buying, I haven't found anything that they didn't notice.

gmphil, Sep 3, 8:05am
plus one for car inspection .

intrade, Sep 3, 8:06am
going to be hard i serviced a car whom was inspected by someone recommended on here and the car had a buckeld front rim and a rear accident. even a blind man would have seen that, but not this guy
i dont know whom it was but it was in auckland
and it was a recomendation from here toyota platz white one it was

extrayda, Sep 3, 10:20am
I've had good luck with Car Inspection services on three vehicles now. Intrade, I hope it wasn't them that missed the issues. In saying that, the company is only as good as the guy who actually inspects your car - and I'm sure there is more than one person working for them.

incar., Sep 3, 1:22pm
Was it for Raewyn? if so its a shame I couldn't do it for her @ the time as I was renovating my house (she did email me) but I know which company did the inspection, if its the same car.

kazbanz, Sep 3, 7:49pm
So what exactly was damaged in the rear accident intrade?
Bumper,rear panel ,fuel tank?

kazbanz, Sep 3, 7:54pm
Grangies what make/model/year?
Sorry stupid me--the lexus right?
I would say having it inspected at the Toyota franchise dealership there would be best bet. Youll likely get a list of upcoming work needed too

intrade, Sep 3, 10:46pm
the trunk did not shut unless you smashed it hard shut . you lifted the cover to see the spear wheel and you could see clear crumbeling and how the lock mechnism was still to far pushed in ,
I went and adjusted it as far as i could but it really would need another 1/2 a inch pulling its ass back out and bashing the kink clearly visable straight again , so the lid would close propperly
I managed to adjust it so you just have to lightly slam it to lock,
Before you had to smash it shut . and i could see more crumbled paint missing under bumper just with a torch on the hoist.
Also the can bus low is shorted on this car but since no functions of the car where affected by it i did not mentione that fault as i dont know if it was caused by the accident or not.

intrade, Sep 3, 10:50pm
incar i am glad it was not you whom inspected it .
here is a picture of the rim who caused steering wheel shudder immage is shrunk as i am on mobile data but even a blind man should see that damage
http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=o11dmdjb.qh4.jpg

grangies, Sep 4, 12:22am
Yes it was the Lexus, but is not going to happen, as I cannot convince my wife to look past the ugliness of the ES300 . LOL.

She jumped on Trade Me and said she quite likes the look of the Holden Epica HAhahahahahahahhahahahahahahah-
aha. (urrrrrgh)

That IS NOT going to happen lol.

incar., Sep 4, 12:35am
Waste of time. I inspected 2 vehicles 2 weeks ago, 1 at toyota manukau and 1 at toyota albany. The one at manukau a 2013 nz Hilux and had been through their so called stringent inspection. I inspected it and found oil leaks from the front of the engine and gear box plus pollen filter needed replacing. 23k on the clock and still under toyota warranty. I was called in to show the mechanics where the oil leaks were which resulted in one tech getting a kick up the arse. The one in Albany was a bit better only needing a pollen and air filter. Anyone can ring a franchise to see if any recalls are issued. Just don't ring contenital if it's a vag group vehicle. Phil at giltraps is the man to talk to. not fishing for work just telling how it is .

incar., Sep 4, 12:41am
Terrible but that company is mentioned a lot on here. That's why I'm a one man band can't rely on someone carrying out the same tests. Mind you they have certain suburbs that they cover so they need the work (keep the dealers happy) I tell it how it is that's why I have been band from certain dealers. Hope your well up there intrade. I'll pop back in another year!

llortmt, Sep 4, 12:42am
I'm sent heaps of people to Incar Automotive for per-purchase inspections in Auckland. I've head nothing but good things about him.

incar., Sep 4, 12:54am
You sure have and very much appreciated. Cheers mate!

kazbanz, Sep 4, 1:29am
it isn't shrunk dude-the pic is enormous. Now are you saying that the kink was visible with hubcap in place? Or did you have to remove it to see the kink?

kazbanz, Sep 4, 1:32am
I don't recall the ins and outs of this deal. I remember recommending the vehicle and recommending a full PP inspection. Was it from a dealer and if so then I would say there is recourse against the dealer.

kazbanz, Sep 4, 2:08am
Clearly You don't talk to the people I talk to.
im told theres places that don't allow him on their yards.
Ohh dear so sad never mind.
"Could it be their cars are rusty,mechanical issues etc type cars?
Nahh surely not ! No dealer sells low grade imports and says they are all good.
I just wish he had the reputation the AA has with the uneducated public.

incar., Sep 4, 2:20am
kazbanz wrote:

Clearly You don't talk to the people I talk to.

Please enlighten me Kaz.

kazbanz, Sep 4, 3:05am
Reread my post and think gravel pit.Rusty under,oil leaky cars.
"someone" has upset a couple of those guys.
Not from my circle of friends or associates more the "scrap metal merchants" But I overheard a conversation between two of em in morningside VTNZ. (or was it new lynn vtnz?)
Oil was "hardly leaking" and there was "barely any" rust apparently.
I laffed and laffed thinking "good onya mate"
Pity out my way isn't on ya regular route

incar., Sep 4, 3:34am
Lol I only seen the first part before you edited and added to it. Yep that's sounds about right oh you forgot back yard dealers selling damaged rusty crap. Must be some back hands going round after some compliance workers knock off. It's actually getting worst. Keep those clean cars coming in mate.

kazbanz, Sep 4, 4:28am
Im trying--its gotten a bit harder due to a nasty change in japan.

_peas, Jul 31, 9:11am
Very thorough and knowledgeable with regards to the Toyota that I purchased privately. Picked up previous accident damage (pointing out that the paint had been taken off certain areas of bolts holding panel on) that I would have glossed over and leak in boot area.