Car removal cash for scrap

djrandomguy, Sep 3, 2:36am
I have recently bought and stripped a 2001 Peugeot 306, I have everything I need from it and would like to know who are the best people to come and collect the shell in terms of a cash for scrap deal.

Car is in Mangere Bridge, Auckland

intrade, Sep 3, 2:40am
prices went down with china stock market best money you be getting from metal man when you bring it there , otherwise you must be glad if they take it away free now

m16d, Sep 3, 5:28am
Just drop it off outside your local car wrecker at 1am and do a runner.

cagivachick1, Sep 3, 5:47am
drag it down the road and let somebody else worry about it

exwesty, Sep 3, 6:12am
Zebra - The broken car collection company

westwyn, Sep 3, 6:27am
Yep, Zebra. They're still paying for cars as of today.

gmphil, Sep 3, 8:24am
like pik part hole they will pay if not depend if u urban or rural weather they charge u to pick up or do free for the scrap weight

intrade, Sep 3, 8:25am
you dont read the first post its a empty shell he removed the good parts , no one will want to pay for it apart from scrap metal dealer 2 cent a kg at a guess

westwyn, Sep 3, 10:48am
The local magic carpet dealers round the corner from me pay around $250-$300 a shell, for stuff they're only interested in getting engine blocks, copper looms etc out of, although you have to be on your toes when dealing with them- I try hard not to but sometimes immediate needs must. Depends what you mean by "stripped"- if it's trim, seats, lights etc, it'll make no difference anyway, just less of the metal stuff these guys have to process.

djrandomguy, Aug 2, 9:33am
ended up going with a local firm who are giving me $100 for the car.
no boot, bonnet, or doors, all lights gone. they wanted the engine and trans, didn't care about the rest.