Importing car from us ? pitfalls

bttrans, Mar 11, 8:06am
anyone got any horror stories or hints about bringing in a car , truck from us ,, also whats the problem or whatever about 5 stud << 6 stud << 8 stud wheels on pickups when they get here ?

gammelvind, Mar 11, 8:12am
You should know since you supply the vehicle to be imported, I guess you are wanting a critique of your service.

bttrans, Mar 11, 8:24am
yea but in sort of buying blind ? not worried about the truck itself just traps about shipping ? also is "" bill of sale "" as opposed to "" clean title "" <<< any good as far as getting truck out of country and in here ?

gammelvind, Mar 11, 8:30am
Sorry I totally misread your question, I notice now that you don't use capitals, now I see you meant importing a car from the US, (as in USA) instead of from us, (you)

bttrans, Mar 11, 9:05am
yea ok sorri about that

mals69, Mar 11, 9:24am
If use search box you will find couple of lengthy threads on your question

bashfulbro, Mar 11, 9:24am
It would pay you to check if the vehicle fits the criteria, for importing into NZ.
There are tight rules around this, and no short cuts anymore, you wouldn`t be the first to waste money only to find it can`t be registered to drive on our roads.

bttrans, Mar 11, 9:32am
its old 1956 so it dosnt have a problem

skull, Mar 11, 6:40pm
Listen to what tgray has to say, he imports regularly from the USA. Don't know if he's into trucks but he will have lots of relevant information.

lookoutas, Mar 12, 4:47am
So - it's a 1956 what?
Pitfalls are:- No papers (pink slip, bill of sale, customs) Badly damaged/not repaired properly. A piece of crap, coz you haven't had it appraised by someone trustworthy over there.
I'm totally blind on this stud question. Must be a big truck to have more then 6 studs.

My preference is to use Mainfreight, and sit back until they've done all the work, then ring and tell me what I owe them. Then front up/pay up and drive away.

desertcolt07, Mar 12, 5:40am
Pitfalls? Does ending up with an American car count?

lookoutas, May 4, 11:43am
Go away murray.