Puncture repair cost

pisces47, Dec 16, 6:03am
One small nail in tread. How much to fix. Thanks

extrayda, Dec 16, 7:29am
Also depends on exactly where it is - I **think** the rule of thumb is that if it is less that a thumb width from the edge of the tyre they don't like to repair them. That is what happened to me with a largish nail that was right on the outer edge of the tyre. CHECK with a tyre shop though. If it is not that, then the last one I got done was $20 / $25 including fitting / swapping as I had taken off the flat tyre to take it in.

therafter1, Dec 16, 7:33am
$23 smackers, depends where you go . if it is a small nail/screw well away from the sidewalls, and if you know the tyre hasn't been run flat you will get away with a dog turd as Intrade has suggested, but if you don't have the kit you will have to purchase one, and that along with the reamer that you will require in order to be able to insert the dog turd will quite probably cost more that the puncture repair. And if you are due a Wof and the inspector spots it you will fail the Wof and will have to have the puncture properly repaired or replace the tyre . easier to have it properly inspected and repaired eh lol

twink19, Dec 16, 7:55am
string repair will fail WOF, $30 min puncture. if near side wall through away

gammelvind, Jun 9, 2:27am
Nothing if you go to Tonys Tyres.