Car behind had his passenger tip over cones

niffer13, Feb 5, 12:54am
We were held up by road works between Putararu & Tokoroa for approx. 30 min. The car behind us hooted his horn several times & shouted out to workmen. Then when we drove thru the road works he had his passenger lean out the back window & tip all the cones over. What did that achieve ? Any one else see this I took his number but didn't know what to do so hoped the workmen got his number too.

chito, Feb 5, 12:56am
Ring *555 and report the incident.

nukhelenc, Feb 5, 2:29am
I don't think it would be something the police could collect revenue from, so prolly wouldn't give a rats ass and be more annoyed ya wasting the time. Its all about money collection remember.
Never call that number, coz one day some one will do it to you, god whats the country coming 2, everyone's blabbing everyone for anything lol
If i seen that i would be thinking what W*n*s in the car behind, and thats about it.

rsr72, Feb 5, 3:35am
Too many orange cones blighting our roads and infesting our countryside .
The orange-cone business has become a massive growth industry. How come we never needed them before in our history?

shakespeare6, Feb 5, 4:21am
Because we had 44 gallon drums instead that they use to paint up and chain orange flashing lights to them. How I miss the old days

rsr72, Feb 5, 4:41am
#5- Yep, 100 orange cones now equal one rusty drum.

skull, Feb 5, 4:43am
Yes, and if the smart arses decided to play bumper cars with the drums in the night the following day the boys from the Ministry of Works would fill a few of them up with water.

niffer13, Feb 5, 6:24am
Well the funny thing is THAT THE CAR BEHIND US was then holding up the traffic we ended up100mt + ahead of him @ 30 k an hour. I have also been told it you can be arrested for doing that. Sorry folks but someone has to fix our roads. So why stress & be a pain. Stop & smell the roses!

barrylarry, Feb 5, 7:57am
i've seen tipped over road cones in roadworks on occation. im guessing similar w*nk-heads with nothing better to do

mrfxit, Feb 5, 8:09am
Depends on on a few factors such as .
Severity of the situation caused by the cones not being in the correct place
A known offender for interfering with traffic management equipment
An accident happening because of cones being moved

etc
etc

Yes it is a legal traffic offense but whether you get done for it or not depends partly on the severity of the offending.

tony9, Feb 5, 8:24am
I see from your profile that you are in Auckland. Come spend a few days in Christchurch. When you go home you will be missing them.

pf, Feb 5, 8:41am
never say never . bet you would appreciate someone calling that number to get a large surfboard removed from centre lane of motorway at midnite . just before you come along and aren't taken out by the inexperienced driver panicking when they see it .

mikew, Feb 5, 9:06am
Had to smile when I read this. my thoughts exactly.

nukhelenc, Feb 5, 10:46am
U can call it when u like. We are talking about road cones. not surfboards.
Get with the thread buddy. :)

nukhelenc, Feb 5, 10:50am
Road cones right, and the workers would have seen it im thinking, but quick, call the cops :)

nzangel1, Feb 6, 2:01am
Idiots!. if they're not speeding through roadworks they're doing stupid as stupid does.

elect70, Feb 6, 2:14am
i still have an old kero red light from the 60s . Anyway why didnt the crew put up set of temporary traffic lights if it was only 1 way after all its SH1 & busy . They were working on it last weekend & even had floodlights for night work .

frog73, Feb 6, 4:03am
a police car was about 20 cars behind that car they were informed about said car also *555 rang .Hope they got the a$$holes

niffer13, Feb 6, 4:47am
Good to hear frog73

barrie2, Feb 6, 6:55am
I hope so too.

ignition328, Feb 6, 7:22am
Back in the day a friend of my dad's was being a bit of a dick and knocking over the orange barrels with his beat up hillman hunter. Anyway the next day all the dented barrels were back up so he did it again, got to the last one and they had filled it with water. So that was how he came to shopping for a new frontend.

ladatrouble, Feb 6, 8:07am
I heard of a guy kicking them over on his motorcycle. then he hit a full one. Back then it served him right, these days the blame would travel all the way to the top.

nzangel1, Feb 6, 8:58am
Let's hope so.

sqidlie, Jul 3, 6:02pm
WTF
Everyone knows road cones belong on top of trees
what is the world coming to