I have a car reg on hold no wof selling what to do

nitz1, Feb 28, 1:46am
what legally do i need to do when disposing of a car with rego/licencing on hold and no rego . do i change ownership / remove plates ?

skin1235, Feb 28, 2:13am
you change the ownership, the fact the reg is on hold has no bearing on this - although the new owner becomes responsible for reg from the day he takes over ownership, so if he wants it back on hold he has to do it, hold does not continue automatically
re the WOF, without a WOF less than 28 days there are hoops to jump through, could be as easy as 'sold as is', one of the reg dealers here will know the legals of that

nitz1, Feb 28, 2:17am
awesome thanks. he took the plates off and gave them to us . signed over and taken for scrap

kazbanz, Feb 28, 2:36am
nitz1- take the plates in and deregister the vehicle.

skin1235, Feb 28, 2:42am
was this a scrappy?, if it was a member of general public then you need to get those plates dereg'd asap, you would not be the first to get sucked in by the 'I'll scrap it' lark, then the police come hunting you when they find the vehicle and trace it back via the last reg owner against the vin tags, all fine until they tell you it was used in a crime and you are still the reg'd owner

aredwood, Feb 28, 9:10am
Even better is to always change the ownership into the name of whoever bought it. Even if it is just a rusted out bare chassis. If you just deregister it. And the person you sold it to then dumps it in a river. You will still be the last person on the database.

nitz1, May 23, 1:14pm
plates are going in to be handed over monday. was a car dismantler it got sold to so should all be good