Central locking

greyway1, May 31, 10:09am
I have been trying to install a remote central unit in my car but am having trouble with wiring it up, anyone got any suggestions?

flossy64, May 31, 10:20am
do the instructions not include details for a Ferrari FXX?

skin1235, May 31, 10:22am
follow the directions?

some even have the wiring directives inside the cover, ie pos, E, d(door) ( usually twins ) etc, dis for display, A for alarm - which can be hooked to horn relay etc

skin1235, May 31, 10:24am
not the easiest to do, but has to be fitted to the master lock system, not just any door, some of the master lock switches are in the drivers doors, others on the center console, your new wireless system has to be inserted into that wiring circuit

franc123, May 31, 1:23pm
If you've got no instructions you'd best consult someone who actually knows what they are doing and the best way to wire it in.

intrade, May 31, 10:04pm
ok what car is it make year model etc.
This sort of stuff is not something anyone can just fit to any car . Each car is different . from 2005 onwards for example you can end up with your car not even starting when you mess with the wiring of a nissan with a remote start unlock function anti theft system wiring
the fact that you want to fit central locking suggests it might be a older car . but whom knows . i sure dont know by guessing

lookoutas, May 31, 10:09pm
R.T.F.M

greyway1, Aug 16, 11:11am
Hi, cheers for replies, car is a 1997 ford mondeo, heck of a job figuring which wires are used to operate existing central locking