Poll results "whom wants to learn car repairs "

intrade, Jun 1, 9:26pm
QUESTIONS WHERE

1 are you willing to spend 30 minutes of your live to fully whatch a video with no skipping .
2 are you willing to watch it even if it seems booring and not what you hoped for?
3 are you willing to watch it all over or wind a section back because you missed what was said as you did not pay full attention to what was talked about?

intrade, Jun 1, 9:29pm
1 has 5 yes and 3 no
2 has 3 yes and 5 no
3 has 5 yes and 3 no
total 12 participants .
Now to why this poll was made and its conclusion i personally draw from it.

intrade, Jun 1, 9:56pm
this helps to research what is going on and give you or me a picture as to what is going on , its not realistically enough participants but enough to conclude quite a few things from it .
This form of research i did pick up from reading what seemd booring articles but i did read em anyhow as the title had promised something that you will find out where you go wrong , .

Now the conclusion the fact that you voted all 3 no means even if you seem not interested you are! because if you where not you would not even have bothered to vote. Think about it.
if you voted 3 times yes then you are clearly interested and dedicated to learn new stuff as i am, it can become a obsession, but if you enjoy the benefit afterwards from your efforts you will like it even more to to read seemingly booring stuff . like i dont read books unless it has diesel or engine managment written on the cover lol
Now if you voted 1 yes and 3 yes and 2NO
then you wont get to 3 because often hidden information and tips are inside whats booring to some and you sure will miss the rosines and handy hints by skipping 2 at all cost.
now if you have 1 no 2 no and 3 yes how do you think you get to pick the rosines of true information when the internet is full of wrong and miss information.
you simply wont . and need to re- think things you are not going to find faults by trial and error on a modern car by just guessing and hoping for the best, You need to know exactly how it works and even then it can be a nightmare to find a simple thing wrong with it. modern is about 2005 onwards it is all about emissions rules whom let no room for error.

laspaz, Jun 1, 9:58pm
So you are not going to produce car repair content for us to watch then?

intrade, Jun 1, 10:12pm
now to the reward for your participation i will show you a link to a video worth spending 30 minutes of your live. It is by robert McCuistian
he is a professional trainer and most of his videos are from what i see aimed at aiding the automotive technition students this is a war story as he calls em whatch it all or you be missing handy hints and storys of what went wrong and why . and yes its a youtube video not everything is wrong crap on there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWLfNLpIPlc

lookoutas, Jun 1, 10:59pm
What'a you smoking man?

differentthings, Jun 1, 11:58pm
Don't know, but I'll have some!

lookoutas, Jun 2, 12:09am
Now I know.
He's been down my way. Good growth and supplies down here.

elect70, Jun 2, 2:13am
With todays cars FA on it is owner / user repair freindly , best left to the dealer /garage . old cars dont need hi tech to fix

grangies, Jun 2, 4:12am
I got to 20s and just couldn't do it any more.

tony9, Jun 2, 4:23am

lookoutas, Aug 10, 7:37pm
OK - I've just found the time to watch that video - not simple now is it!

Fixed a Mazda Tribute, which I was astounded at the Insurance Co not writing it off. Anyhow, it had a new radiator & AC condenser, and was ready to go back to the owner, but I couldn't get any heat out of the heater. Flushed the heater out, and the flow through it was good, but the flow from the water pump was crap. After wasting 2 hours of unpaid work, it was taken to a garage, where they can just charge what they like and get paid for it. They agreed that the flow from the pump was the problem, so they replaced the thermostat, which didn't work. They pulled the pump off, contacted Mazda for info - couldn't find an issue - replaced it all, and it's still the same.
Of course, the owner sez the heater was going before the accident (which was mid summer)
There were a few other unknown accident related problems that the garage found (as I had expected, and had asked them to check) so now the Insurance Co has a $1500 garage bill that would have written the car off in the first place.
Never mind, they will pay that bill at the garage's hourly rate, and without asking for photographs like we have to provide.

Owner is not happy that it's now mid winter, and they have a car with a piss-poor heater. If it's a fault from the prang, then they should have it fixed. Garage has written a report saying it's not a fault from anything they can put a finger on, and the Insurance Co are running with that (which is probably correct)
Guess who the bogies are here?

Should add:- it was supposed to came back last week coz the fan belt was squealing, & they could smell petrol, and it was using heaps.
Take another guess at who's fault it's supposed to be!