Best way to buff and polish car

inkapuka, Apr 6, 5:49pm
car hasn't been fully polished since December when I brought it. it's got dirty film over paint want to get it shiny again and will it stay shiny for a while or will it get dirty just as quick? As just a normal wash

gammelvind, Apr 6, 8:23pm
Getting dirty? Well if you keep it garaged with a nice soft cover on it and don't drive it, then it will stay shiny for a very long time . Live in the country and drive daily on gravel roads, then .
Kemo-pro, turtle wax, 3M all make good long lasting polishes. Then you can buy polishes with built in wax, which help to keep the shine.

grangies, Apr 6, 8:29pm
If you apply a top brand synthetic wax, like Turtle Wax liquid Ice, or Meguiar's G18216 ULTIMATE LIQUID WAX, it will make your car very easy to wash with just a hose and water.

inkapuka, Apr 7, 2:05am
I live in country have a gravel driveway but not able to go fast bacause car is low. It's kept in a garage and I usually would clean at hand car wash 1-2 a month but doesn't stay clean very long. Is it worth getting a electric buffer ?

nesta129, Mar 24, 5:45pm
If there are scratches on the paint etc and your arms are not up to hand polishing then get a buffer.Otherwise just hand wax it after a good wash.
And maybe its just me but I find dust love to cling onto nicely washed and waxed cars after a short while.