Motorbike rego

m16d, May 17, 5:41am
I have just received the renewal notice for my Honda.
In "BIG" letters it's got. "renew on time to avoid a fine"
Wtf does that mean. ? I've always renewed it on time.
We've got 5 rego's, 2 cars 1 bike, a boat and a caravan and never seen this on any renewal notices before.

tony9, May 17, 5:47am
That is nuts. You have 12 months to renew with no problems.

Of course if you use it on the road without renewing that is another matter.

Or has something changed and you can be penalised for late renewal?

gunhand, May 17, 5:49am
I think it just means, if ya drive with out a rego / license up to date you may get caught and fined.

m16d, May 17, 5:59am

tamarillo, May 17, 6:24am
Heavy handed I agree, there's no need for the public service to bully us, but I afraid they very much think they should.
Sure they simply mean avoid getting caught but I consider that rude too.

gunhand, May 17, 6:30am
So by giving a friendly, all be it rhyming, message to help us avoid a fine it's bullying?
Not how I see it at all.

m16d, May 17, 6:35am
Hey, but since when did you get fined for not renewing on time. ?

gunhand, May 17, 6:37am
You won't, unless you decide to drive unlicensed of course. Its not about being fined if you don't do it on time. Well it better bloody not be lol.

mantagsi, May 17, 9:46pm
I got a couple of those recently for the car and bikes, ill have to dig them up but I am pretty sure only the bike ones have that message about a fine also. Hopefully I can dig them up and see if I remember rightly

klrider, May 19, 8:15pm
Why? Its a nothing.

tmenz, May 19, 8:19pm
I've just received one for my car which has the same circled message.
It's also a Honda so maybe it's just us Honda owners that are being targetted.

robbief, May 20, 8:54am
I have one for my car.But earlier thay sent me a renewal notice and I sent them a cheque it came back to say I had no WOF so could not get a rego until I got a WOF.I used to always keep the rego up and get a WOF when I wanted to use it looks like that's changed.I only use it about one month a year.So they will have to wait until I want to use it and then get a WOF then there rego may be a while .

nzmax, Jan 21, 4:42pm
That system has been round since September 1994. Anyone remember the Inspection Certificate issued with your WOF, which you had to take to the post office to register your car. Computer entry at time of WOF did away with the need for the Certificate. I still have a couple of Inspection Certificates for a car I have owned since the late 80's.