Lost Hyosung Motorbike Keys :( What do i do!

rusty_thomson, Nov 29, 10:31am
Hi I managed to lose my Hyosung Motorbike keys before I could get any copies sorted out on my GT250R and now it's stuck in my garage and now I have no transport

I have heard that I can order them from a dealer or something as long as I have the VIN number! Or supposedly some locksmiths can cut a new key from the lock easily!

I am really looking at the CHEAPEST option as I am a student and really don't have too much money at the moment, speed isn't really key (bad pun) as I can hitch a ride with mates for a while

THANKS!

unclejake, Nov 29, 10:36am
The dealer will be the cheapest option

planespotterhvn, Nov 29, 10:56am
always get spare keys before you need them.

kazbanz, Nov 29, 4:07pm
The FIRST thing you do is ring Hyusung NZ with your chasis number. They will tell you if your bike simply has a key or in fact has a transponder chip key. If it is a chip key then you may well have an expensive problem.Ie-- need to get the keys from Hyusung OR a replacement second hand lockset/ecu
If in fact its good news and they are a simple key then your cheapest option is to remove the ignition barrel from the bike and take it to a locksmith.
Now MOST ignition barells are bolted to the top triple clamp using 6mm snap off bolts.Getting them out can be a bit of a major jobBY FAR your easiest option is to simply unbolt the entire top clamp from the bike.
Usually its only held in by the top fork clamp bolts, the top nutand 2 instrument bolts. Occasionally the bars bolt to them.
I know that sounds a big job and looking at the ignition bolts theres only two to take out--trust me they are utter barstweards to remove

rusty_thomson, Nov 30, 7:56am
THANK YOU so much that is perfect :)

kazbanz, 5 hours, 49 minutes
Rusty--I was out on a ride tonight and looked at "your" bike.
It looked to be really easy to remove the top triple clamp =2 bolts on the forksthe centre nut then just unplug the ignition barrel. I asked the owner and the key isn't chpped and looks to be a pretty standard automotive key--so all good news